Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Link exchange explained

Options
  • 25-08-2014 2:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hey everyone!

Ive finally finished building my magento store - iwetech.com

Im now concentrating on getting organic traffic, and Ive been told that link exchange is the easiest way to start.

Could someone please simply explain to me how link exchange works.

- Is there any magento extension that can do this for me?

- Can the links be hidden on my website or do they have to be seen?

- How do I insert the links?

Thanks!!!

Robert

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭akagaby

According to Google's guidelines you must create such great content, that would make it irresistible for webmasters not to link to you.

In the real world you need to get links whatever way you can.
    You must have a lot of knowledge about how search engines work, in order to figure out what links would benefit your site and what links would hurt your site.
    You need ONE WAY links!! NOT reciprocal links. Ideally, the links would come from related authoritative websites. and other mixed sources.

BTW.....
    ...you have very strong competitors.

Contact me if you need help.

Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 25,891 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Sorry - but why would anyone with a reputable website (and yes, I do have a couple) want to link to you?

You don't have a phone number, the physical address you give is vague - and examining it in Street view shows that it's pretty the intersection of some housing estates, no sign of any type of shop there. And some of your FAQ's stiil have "Lorem ipsum" text in them.

There's no way I'd even consider buying from you at the moment, far less recommending you to anyone else - which is the essence of what "link exchange" really is.

Advertisement