Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Subway Kilkenny (The worst in Ireland?)

Options
  • 25-08-2014 2:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

So everybody is worrying over some bridge and i'm just sitting here worrying about my local subway.
    I've been to Subways all over Ireland and the world for that matter but I've never seen or tasted anything as bad as the one we have here in Kilkenny.
    The sandwiches are barely thrown together, hardly heated and then slapped into a bag. Today to make matters worse there was something strange in with my tuna! I dread to think what it was.
    I put it down and tried to pretend i hadn't bitten into it!
    Anyway, i'm looking for opinions from anybody who's eaten in Subway in Kilkenny and also maybe to hear of other Subways that are not so great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Dillidolli wrote: »
    So everybody is worrying over some bridge and i'm just sitting here worrying about my local subway.
    I've been to Subways all over Ireland and the world for that matter but I've never seen or tasted anything as bad as the one we have here in Kilkenny.
    The sandwiches are barely thrown together, hardly heated and then slapped into a bag. Today to make matters worse there was something strange in with my tuna! I dread to think what it was.
    I put it down and tried to pretend i hadn't bitten into it!
    Anyway, i'm looking for opinions from anybody who's eaten in Subway in Kilkenny and also maybe to hear of other Subways that are not so great.

And what's even worse is they charge you €4.40 for the privilege. Also, oftentimes I've ordered a meal-deal they have and then been charged seperately for it or told that it's no longer available. This hasn't happened in any other subway I know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

thelad95 wrote: »
    And what's even worse is they charge you €4.40 for the privilege. Also, oftentimes I've ordered a meal-deal they have and then been charged seperately for it or told that it's no longer available. This hasn't happened in any other subway I know.

Never eaten in there, sounds like the franchise holder isn't the best.

Maybe drop subway a line (it's U.K.site, linked from the .ie site but maybe it doesn't work here, apologies if it's no good, chance of free cookie though!)

https://www.tellsubway.co.uk/ContentManager/Controller.aspx?page=Home/Home

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Dillidolli

thelad95 wrote: »

Ah stop. It's ridiculously bad! They just don't seem to care! What's worse is they're supposed to be "sandwich artists" hahaha!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Gota say I've never had a problem with the subs from that subway or how the staff have interacted with me, certainly didn't feel that my food was "thrown" around the place.

Infact the interactions and food I've had from the outlet in High street is no different to any other I've been to,

Do I need to be on a laptop to upload a photo? I have a couple of examples of the type of sandwiches I've received, I used to eat there everyday as I work in the city centre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭femur61

I find them OK then I have never been to any other subways.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I've had worse in The Netherlands

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭Julius Seizure

I find the service in there great. A sub's a sub, haven't noticed any quality differences. Maybe I'm just used to my local ;) Staff in that store are brilliant however compared to others, very friendly and remember my order etc. Although there was a new person in there who said that a drink from the fridge didn't come under the Meal Deal (€4) when it had with the old people for the last year or two, maybe I'd been stealing all that time! Or maybe they were wrong. Apart form that no complaint.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

With Blah Blah Blah and Gourmet Store within a stone's throw, you have no excuse!!

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭comeraghs

Been there once & wouldn't go again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

If you really want to piss yourself off go to o'briens in market cross. you get roasted for pissy sandwiches and the service is atrocious.
    I blame the older guy that is the manager ...he is clueless and I genuinely feel sorry for the staff....micro managing the ****e out of it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Dore's café and the Gourmet store are far nicer for sandwiches than the overpriced frozen crap they give you in Subway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

I got a 12 inch ham and turkey roll nothing else, 8 ****ing 99. They can close down and i'll not ****ing miss them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭Julius Seizure

I got a 12 inch ham and turkey roll nothing else, 8 ****ing 99. They can close down and i'll not ****ing miss them

Should be 6 euro and come with a drink?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

nope, 8.99

Just to be clear, I think the staff are very pleasant and friendly to deal with BUT their sandwich making skills really let them down.
    @SkyKing I like gormet store but I've never tried Blah Blah Blah... i like cheap and cheerful and I've heard they're expensive?

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Schindlers Pissed

Bla Bla Bla aren't expensive......the quality is always 100% and as for the staff! you couldn't meet nicer. I use it a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Fresh is where it's at ;)

Hmmm.. I must try Blah Blah Blah! I do like Fresh too!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

Aldi do nice sandwiches for €1.29:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Threadhead

Blah Blah Blah is a local treasure.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

That Subway is grand and no different than other Subway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭pegasus1

€3:95 for a breakfast sandwich with any bread..one of the best breakfast sandwiches i ever had...

In the blah blah blah...

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Rantan

Dillidolli wrote: »
    Just to be clear, I think the staff are very pleasant and friendly to deal with BUT their sandwich making skills really let them down.
    @SkyKing I like gormet store but I've never tried Blah Blah Blah... i like cheap and cheerful and I've heard they're expensive?

the cheapest and most cheerful sambo is the one you will fire together yourself in two minutes at home.

Gourmet store & blah blah blah are good local stores offering better quality products than high streets generic branded muck.

they are not expensive...id rather pay 50c - €1 more for a decent fresh sambo than waste money in o briens, subway etc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

O'Briens is awful shyte altogether.

Just sitting down to my first ever Blaa Blaa Blaa.
    Outstanding stuff.

Advertisement