Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SFI Funding stipend

Options
  • 25-08-2014 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi,

Can anyone tell me roughly how much an SFI stipend is for a 3 year funded project. I understand that its tax free and also covers my college fees.
    I've been offered a position but my supervisor doesn't concern himself with "superfluous" stuff like salary!
    Is there grants available also?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

If you're receiving an SFI stipend you won't get a grant to pay your fees. They no longer pay a maintenance grant either (i.e a salary provided by the council). In general the stipends are in and around 16k a year. I think the SFI stipends are some of the better ones and may increase by 1000 euro a year. That's how it was for some of my colleagues anyway. But they got their grant when times were good so it may have been pruned back since then.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭ciaradx

I'm starting a PhD soon which is a 3 year SFI funded position. I'm getting 18,000 tax-free stipend plus my fees paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Reggie89

Thanks guys, I think mine is €18k also.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭puma90

Thinking about doing a postgrad in the UK but was just wondering about the fees and would the grant awarding authority here in Ireland help me out in this regard.

Advertisement