Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In U.S. and want to start a bank account before arriving in Ireland

Options
  • 25-08-2014 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I am a college student traveling abroad to Ireland to study at Dublin City University. 

I live in the United States and I need to start a bank account since I will be living in Ireland for the next year. The Bank of Ireland is the most accessible bank to while I am living at DCU. Is possible to call the branch at DCU and set up a bank account along with a credit card over the phone? 

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi harrislauren,

Thanks for contacting us here and welcome to Boards.

To open an account with us, as you are opening a 3rd Level Account, you will need to make an appointment with your branch to call in and provide the necessary documents and open your student account. Please see here to arrange an appointment in your nearest branch. 

You will need to provide our branch colleagues with photo ID such as a valid passport or driving license, proof of address such as a recent utility bill, and a letter from your college confirming your college attendance dates. 

Please see here for more information on applying for a Student Credit Card with us. 

I hope this information helps, please let us know if you need help with anything else. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement