Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back to work enterprise allowance

Options
  • 25-08-2014 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

Hi All

I was just wondering if anyone knew if couples were allowed apply for the back to work enterprise allowance. Me OH and I are contemplating going home and setting up our own business. Would we be allowed to apply for the back to work enterprise allowance together or could only one person in the relationship have it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭bizzyb

dani27 wrote: »
    Hi All

I was just wondering if anyone knew if couples were allowed apply for the back to work enterprise allowance. Me OH and I are contemplating going home and setting up our own business. Would we be allowed to apply for the back to work enterprise allowance together or could only one person in the relationship have it?

When you say "going home" do you mean your living abroad at the moment? If so you need to be unemployed for a year before you can apply for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭dani27

bizzyb wrote: »
    When you say "going home" do you mean your living abroad at the moment? If so you need to be unemployed for a year before you can apply for it.

Nope moving back to my parents house from Cork to Limerick. Can a couple apply for the Back to work enterprise allowance? Only way we could do it

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭bizzyb

dani27 wrote: »
    Nope moving back to my parents house from Cork to Limerick. Can a couple apply for the Back to work enterprise allowance? Only way we could do it

Oh right sorry.I can't see why ye both couldn't apply individually but for the same business, but don't take my word for it I'm just guessing! Best of luck with it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Dont see why not as long as you both tick the boxes required.

Have you looked at
    http://www.welfare.ie/en/Pages/Enterprise-Allowance-Self-Employed.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭dani27

Quick question does Jobbridge count as part of the qualifying period?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 997 ✭✭✭pedronomix

Have you tried actually getting definitive information and answers from your local SWO?

Advertisement