Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cheque book expiry

Options
  • 25-08-2014 5:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭

Hi
    I have a chequebook on a savings account which I use really really infrequently I have  need to use it now and just looking at the previous stubs the last time I used t was 2008. The account and sort code are still the same so my question is it OK to still use this book or have there been changes with the introduction of SEPA etc.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Hi danny004

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards.ie

The cheque book will still be valid on the account providing you are sure you have not previously contacted Bank of Ireland to cancel the book. Usually cheque books are issued on a current account rather than savings account type. 

If you are anyway unsure if you may have cancelled the book, you can call Bank of Ireland 365, a colleague can easily check this for you. 

Our colleagues are available Mon-Fri 8 am-12 midnight, Sat, Sun & Bank Holidays 9 am-6 pm

The contact numbers are 0818 365 365 / 00353 140 44000.

Just to add, as SEPA relates to electronic payments, it will not affect cheque books.

We hope this helps, any further questions please feel free to ask.

Thanks
    Alison

Advertisement