Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Website builder

Options
  • 25-08-2014 5:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend a good online website builder?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,510 ✭✭✭daymobrew

What are you trying to achieve?
    What will the web site contain? Ecommerce? Blog? Brochure site (i.e. pages that don't or rarely change)?

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭phishcakes

daymobrew wrote: »
    What are you trying to achieve?
    What will the web site contain? Ecommerce? Blog? Brochure site (i.e. pages that don't or rarely change)?

Basic hints and tips website

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

phishcakes wrote: »
    Basic hints and tips website

What are you using to build it with? . Wordpress, Drupal or is it one of these hosting company builders. Eg Wix.

What are you using to build it with? . Wordpress, Drupal or is it one of these hosting company builders. Eg Wix.

Im not using anything, im looking for a recommendation, i did try wordpress but its too bloggy and i dont want that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

There are plenty of WP themes out there which are anything but bloggy. WP has come on hugely in recent years from being a mere blogging platform with loads of themes, plugins and other resources, as well as lots of tutorials. I'd recommend it any day over most other types of builder/frameworks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

I think hes talking about on online service (unfortunately). I'd recommend hiring someone to build you a site, but if youre looking for a quick setup and go site, try squarespace.com

• Registered Users Posts: 43 niallweb1

I would also recommend hiring someone to do a website for you. it may cost money but it will be professional and be able to be found online. The wix themes can be very basic as they are free

niallweb1 wrote: »
    I would also recommend hiring someone to do a website for you. it may cost money but it will be professional and be able to be found online. The wix themes can be very basic as they are free

I could actually build it myself, the only thing is this new responsive web design has changed the game a bit, changed since i was in college anyway and im only out a few years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

phishcakes wrote: »
    I could actually build it myself, the only thing is this new responsive web design has changed the game a bit, changed since i was in college anyway and im only out a few years.

WordPress has some nice responsive themes. The blog nature of wp is gone. Check out salient in theme forest. It's very adaptable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Steve F

Hi All
    I'm looking for a very basic website and have Googled "Free Website" and get results that list the Top Ten free website builders
    The website is for a photo restoration service so it doesn't need to be all singing and dancing.Just to let people know what services we can provide,how to contact us and how to send photos etc.We already have a Facebook page but want a website too
    Can anyone on here point me in the right direction? Which is the "best" free website provider?
    Thanks in advance
    Steve

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,666 ✭✭✭✭maccored

Steve F wrote: »
    Hi All
    I'm looking for a very basic website and have Googled "Free Website" and get results that list the Top Ten free website builders
    The website is for a photo restoration service so it doesn't need to be all singing and dancing.Just to let people know what services we can provide,how to contact us and how to send photos etc.We already have a Facebook page but want a website too
    Can anyone on here point me in the right direction? Which is the "best" free website provider?
    Thanks in advance
    Steve

theres plenty of free web providers out there - though boards doesnt encourage discussing hosting providers. On the other hand - if you wanted signage for your business, would you look for someone to do it for free? If you needed a van for your business, would you look around for a free one? A website is only as good as the time and effort you invest in it - same as most things. what you get for free will more than likely just put people off giving you business. Get a facebook page if you dont want to invest in a web presence would be my suggestion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ecommerceconsultant

Magento and WordPress both are good to be used as a CMS and as a eCommerce application, you can hire the experts, and then you may discuss the functionality based on which the application can be finalized.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 thanhdatmedical
    Thành Đạt Medical

wordpress web builder is easy to use, low cost, easy to optimize and repair, can see designers like:

UX Builder, Elementor

GeneratePress with GenerateBlocks

Beaver Builder

Divi

Brizy

WP Page Builder

Page Builder by SiteOrigin

Visual Composer

Page Builder Sandwich

Oxygen

Breakdance

Live Composer