Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Music Lesson Plans

• 25-08-2014 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I just started teaching abroad in the UAE. I really need some lesson plans for children aged 6-12 in a class of 30. Does anyone know any good sites? I teach music, so it should mostly be fun and games etc...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

TES online site.. although you could get lost in it for hours....

Any Rhythm games with flashcards .. memory games.. chinese whispers with rhythms or pitches.. 2 teams racing between 2 sides of the room to solve rhythm puzzles.

Get them to learn a tonne of songs songs with a I-vi-IV-V progression and have a sing off between both sides of the room ( i think theres a few youtube vids of singers going through a list of songs using that progression).

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭BigStupidGuy

Thanks Armelodie! That's some great ideas :)

I'll definitely incorporate them all, although the idea of 2 sides running around sounds a bit chaotic maybe. The TES site is quite good, thanks again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Thanks Armelodie! That's some great ideas :)

I'll definitely incorporate them all, although the idea of 2 sides running around sounds a bit chaotic maybe. The TES site is quite good, thanks again.

Duh! wrong chord progression game ... it's I-V-vi-IV...

have a,look at wikipedidia...

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_songs_containing_the_I%E2%80%93V%E2%80%93vi%E2%80%93IV_progression

Advertisement