Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy parcel boxes in Cork

Options
  • 25-08-2014 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

I need to send a couple of parcels (tens of kilos) to another EU country.

Where can I buy parcel boxes in Cork? The first place that comes to mind is the post office in Churchfield Road? I do not have a car, so I have to buy them there, in the town center, or some other place within reach from by bus.

The second issue is finding a firm that can deliver them. I reckon that parcel.ie, parcel2go.com or parceldirect.ie will be fine.

The postal firm has to be able to come and pick up the parcels that I have. Do I have to weigh the parcels myself before that, or can they do it for me? I do not even have a bathroom scale. ;)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,770 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Nothing to do with Living Abroad. Moved to Cork City.

tHB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 822 ✭✭✭zetalambda

Eason sell a variety of different sized boxes. Well the one in Dublin does anyway so I'm assuming that the one on Patrick street would as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭nerwen

zetalambda wrote: »
    Eason sell a variety of different sized boxes. Well the one in Dublin does anyway so I'm assuming that the one on Patrick street would as well.

It does indeed, I buy smallish boxes there myself, unsure how large they go, but they definitely have boxes. Up the stairs and to the left, in the corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,451 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Post offices tend to have them as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 822 ✭✭✭zetalambda

TheChizler wrote: »

True, it would be a sad state of affairs if post offices didn't sell post boxes! Although, it may just be larger ones like the GPO.

I think the largest one you will find in the GPO or Easons is about twice the size of a shoe box which isn't that big really. Eason might sell archive boxes which are about 4 times the size of a shoe box. If I have ever needed a larger box, I've went into my local SupaValue or Centra and asked them for a box. Supermarkets dump large amounts of cardboard boxes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 RocketBoat

TheChizler wrote: »

I went to the post office and bought a couple of the largest size available. I was hoping for a larger size, but it went fine after testing with one box. Filling three boxes went super.
    True, it would be a sad state of affairs if post offices didn't sell post boxes! Although, it may just be larger ones like the GPO.

I think the largest one you will find in the GPO or Easons is about twice the size of a shoe box which isn't that big really. Eason might sell archive boxes which are about 4 times the size of a shoe box. If I have ever needed a larger box, I've went into my local SupaValue or Centra and asked them for a box. Supermarkets dump large amounts of cardboard boxes.

Supermarkets!!! I shall remember that magic word till next time I am sending a parcel.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 RocketBoat

nerwen wrote: »
    It does indeed, I buy smallish boxes there myself, unsure how large they go, but they definitely have boxes. Up the stairs and to the left, in the corner.

Thanks for the Eason tip. Their largest box was smaller than the largest box at the post office though.

Advertisement