Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

This week I'm mostly playing..

• 25-08-2014 8:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,752 ✭✭✭✭

So what're ye playing?

This week I've mostly been playing

Civ 5 - in anticipation of Beyond Earth
    Payday 2 - because it's great fun to stealth a jewellery store robbery
    Simcity - it was cheap and it's not terrible, though i am
    Game Dev Tycoon - passed in an hour or so
    Tomb Raider - wanted to play it on ultimate settings - it's a beautiful game above ultra but her hair still acts odd.. and stays dry forever!

Also played some of the Blackguards demo on steam, not sure if it's good or bad and wasn't immediately moved to buy it, even if it is on sale atm.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭McSasquatch II

Finished Orcs Must Die 2 (well as much of it as I can play in single player) and Deadlight over the weekend, so I'm going through my Steam library looking for something to start next. I also just started an evening course, so I'm thinking I might play a few short and sweet titles for a few weeks til my routine settles down again.... Maybe Limbo and/or Brothers: Tale of Two Sons.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭The Domonator

Dayz Standalone & ARMA 3. Tempted to give Skyrim another go.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭TheSunderz

Some dayz standalone but too much csgo god dam competitive matchmaking I love it but I hate it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 286 ✭✭mossy95

Project Reality (BF2 mod), Rising Storm and Chivalry medievil warfare

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

WoW. Quit smoking so needed something similar to fill the void. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,752 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

nesf wrote: »

Good for you (on the smokes that is), though i dunno which is more difficult to give up, smokes or wow.. :o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'm back playing WoW as well. First time in years that i've really enjoyed it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭McSasquatch II

Fair play nesf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

World of Tanks: Because Tanks. More of a fan of Tier 2-4 battles as i prefer faster/more fluid games.

Space Station 13: What other game lets you explode by farting on your bible?

Next Car Game: Epic physics. Really cannot wait for full release.

Elite Dangerous: Struggling with the lack of guidance, and how empty space feels. Holy wall of control settings batman! I love the idea of it, and it's beautifull, but as stands right now, the game is deeply unfriendly for the user.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭j80ezgvc3p92xu

Age of Empires II HD. I got it on a Steam sale and pretty much reliving my childhood.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,799 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Coh 2,online mostly

Factorio, forgot how much I love this game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,028 ✭✭✭Wossack

flitting between hearthstone, blood dragon, and cs:go at the moment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Steviemoyne

Playing the games from the two humble bundles mainly. A little bit of borderlands 2.

Slighty off topic but how are you guys finding getting back into WoW? I plan to but the main issue is having to fork over x amount of € for a server transfer just to play with the people I want to get back into the game to play with.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Civ V for me too (I guess that Beyond trailer got us all in the mood).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,014 ✭✭✭marko93

Dishonored - I absolutely love this game, first game in months I played from start to finish, made me pick up the GOTY edition (God bless Steam for having this for free for a weekend)

Counter Strike: Global Offensive - Mostly play with some friends while on skype. Near 100 hours :D

Good for you (on the smokes that is), though i dunno which is more difficult to give up, smokes or wow.. :o

Um, I've quit both several times and had arguments over both with loved ones? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

The same thing I've been played for the last (non-contiguous) 135 hours according to Steam; Dragon Age: Origins.

Only have the Witch Hunt DLC left though so hopefully I can move onto something onto something new tomorrow. :o

same here nesf, and i'm actually on the other side of that fence, still smoking and quit wow. I actually gave up playing about 6 months ago, resubbed out of boredom last month, played for 2 hours and let my sub run out again with no intention of unfreezing my account. Even the expansion is doing nothing for me atm either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Off the smokes as well so needed to do stuff to keep me occupied, too. :pac:

Back playing only No More Room In Hell for the past week since it was updated with new maps recently, really like this game and you can't go wrong for the low price of free. Just something addictive about it for me.

Only problem is that since I returned to it I noticed 90% of servers are Infinite Ammo / Instant respawn which completely go against the idea of the game and make it utterly boring to play, the devs don't even like the idea of them.

So it's best to find the normal servers and stick with those or, what I did, just create your own server so you can play on.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Justwinginit

Just finished Dishonored & Tomb Raider(TR best looking game so far), and Started Far Cry 3, also Payday 2 for MP & dabbling in BF3 & 4

• Advertisement

same here nesf, and i'm actually on the other side of that fence, still smoking and quit wow. I actually gave up playing about 6 months ago, resubbed out of boredom last month, played for 2 hours and let my sub run out again with no intention of unfreezing my account. Even the expansion is doing nothing for me atm either

I'm giving it a few weeks. If I'm still into it I'll pick up the xpac. If not I'll just let the gametime run out. I don't have time for anything like the raiding I used to do but my kids a bit older so it might be easier to fit in a bit of raiding time than it was a few years ago with a toddler in the house.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Dota 2. Can't stop playing still.

Dota 2. Can't stop playing still.

Oh, you poor thing, that game is like they took WoW, removed any of the parts that made it drag between new content, added an incentive to play whenever you wanted not just on raid evenings and then distilled it down and handed it out for free.

I stay far, far away. :S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I was really in the mood for an open world type game - I absolutely love Fallout and Dead Island - so I started Far Cry 3. Finding it grand but a bit...boring so far. Not enough interactivity or something...just feels a bit hollow.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Oh, you poor thing, that game is like they took WoW, removed any of the parts that made it drag between new content, added an incentive to play whenever you wanted not just on raid evenings and then distilled it down and handed it out for free.

I stay far, far away. :S

It's nowhere near WoW or any MMO style. I find any MMO's incredibly boring, even raids, fighting mechanics etc.

Anywwwho I don't feel bad about it. I've made money from the game.

It's nowhere near WoW or any MMO style. I find any MMO's incredibly boring, even raids, fighting mechanics etc.

Anywwwho I don't feel bad about it. I've made money from the game.

I mean in terms of addiction potential not gameplay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Mostly Warframe. Been busy with work and other commitments, so a couple of quick sessions of hacking things to pieces fits in well.

Was playing the Pilars of Eternity beta, but can't really do any more of that until the next release sorts out some of the bugs. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Yup, I got back to that Crack pipe too... Started fresh on a new server where some of my buddies decided to settle down. Actually having fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Darksiders - Still as great a game as i remember. Nearly finished it, and have Darksiders 2 downloading in anticipation.

Grid: Autosport - I'm finding it hard to keep going back to this game. The fun of the last game is not there. Most people seem to prefer it to Grid 2 as it's more like Grid 1, but I preferred the second one.

I've also downloaded Skyrim after getting it in a sale. Will be my first time playing it on PC so i'm looking forward to the jump in graphics.

• Advertisement

All I play is CS:GO. It only takes an hour to get my fix. I don't have the patience or time to play single player games anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

Dota2 much to the annoyance of the GF.
    Path of Exile, glad I got into this, was really disappointed that I bought D3.
    A little bit of Eve, mostly as I am kinda taking a break and needed to move my stuff somewhere safe.

titanfall last night, hit lvl 40 on Gen 2 so am setting myself a goal of getting to gen 3 by the weekend! The new Marked For Death mode is fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

CS:GO (I'm totally pro at this)
    Dota2 (My K-D is creeping into the >1 area :D )
    Insurgency (took a break and now I barely get 20 shots off in a round and maybe 2/3 kills)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

NEO Scavenger: If DayZ, Fallout & Civilization had a threesome then this would be their bastard love child. Engrossing difficult gameplay that really punishes you based on decisions you may or may not make. The game has carved great detail in most of the game mechanics such as survival, combat, exploration and general item management. What adds spice to the game is that when you die, it's perma-death. So while the game is difficult in most aspects, dying - which can happen easily if you're not careful, after playing for hours means you have to restart everything again. It definitely keeps you on your toes.

Xenonauts: Goldhawk Interactive (who developed the game), are big XCOM fans and most definitely put hard work and meticulous detail into creating an excellent spiritual predecessor of the original XCOM games. And they surely didn't disappoint. The game has beautiful hand drawn graphics and captures the spirit and playstyle of the original XCOMs perfectly. By far the best and most promising XCOM 'clone' on the market.

Dead Island: While I have played it previously, I persuaded my girlfriend to try some co-op with me. She's enjoying it and doing quite well!

Whenever I am not playing the above it's usually some Contagion or Titanfall.

Have gone back to Diablo III for the time being, the new patch is interesting, greater rifts, and season starts tomorrow night.

I direly need a new game in my life, although D3 is good and all, i feel like i've been playing it too long :/ roll on september and october

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Have gone back to Diablo III for the time being, the new patch is interesting, greater rifts, and season starts tomorrow night.

I direly need a new game in my life, although D3 is good and all, i feel like i've been playing it too long :/ roll on september and october

Nothing at all in the pile of shame?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

The Crew Beta
    Really starting to like this game.

Borderlands 2
    In antipication of new one.

Gbear wrote: »
    Nothing at all in the pile of shame?

Sadly, yes.. a guilty hour or two of C&C3 :o

Sadly, yes.. a guilty hour or two of C&C3 :o

That's a great game to be fair.

Hopelessly unbalanced in MP but the campaign is good craic.

Yeah, ye can tell it's on the slope away from greatness too though, but i did enjoy the campaigns. Plus half the cast of BSG was in it :D

• Advertisement

Yeah, ye can tell it's on the slope away from greatness too though, but i did enjoy the campaigns. Plus half the cast of BSG was in it :D

And mandatory Michael Ironside.

Red Alert 2 is where it's at. Kari Wuhrer as Tanya? Yes please :P

I started my 2nd playthrough of The Witcher 2 last night. Haven't played the Enhanced Edition, and installed the new combat mod, so interested in seeing how it goes. All the Witcher 3 trailers got me hungry for another playthrough.

Kiith wrote: »
    Red Alert 2 is where it's at. Kari Wuhrer as Tanya? Yes please :P

I started my 2nd playthrough of The Witcher 2 last night. Haven't played the Enhanced Edition, and installed the new combat mod, so interested in seeing how it goes. All the Witcher 3 trailers got me hungry for another playthrough.

I'm squeezing that in too (after playing through the Witcher a couple of weeks ago), between Hearthstone and enormous amounts of ME3 multiplayer.

Gbear wrote: »
    enormous amounts of ME3 multiplayer.

I was never more wrong than when i bitched that Bioware were ruining the series by adding multiplayer to ME3. It really was/is fantastic. Pain in the ass trying to get certain classes to unlock, but a whole lot of fun.

Might have to re-install it tonight...

ahh lads, me3mp is the business! it's been a while since i played my super batarian soldier :) giz a shout if you're up for a gold run or two some evening

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

Far Cry 3, nearly finished the game.

The fear I have of sharks in that game... Will get a bit of Blood Dragon soon enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Oh, enjoy Blood Dragon, it's by far the more entertaining game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

Multiplayer FC3 is fairly lacking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Dacelonid

Just finished up Alpha Protocol. This was my second attempt at playing it, and I much preferred it this time around. The first time around, I didn't get past the first mission. Just couldn't seem to get into it. This time around I played it with a controller and I have to say, it played a hell of a lot better.
    I think what also helped, was realising that it isn't a FPS, but rather an RPG. And I think once that dawned on me, the experience was a lot better.
    Will have to play it again
    I think I'll side with Halbeck this time

So on to Metro Last Light now

Playing Might & Magic Heroes 6 today, was playing a lot of Saints Row 4 yesterday. It's been a goods weekend :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement