Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

This week I'm mostly playing..

Comments

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So won't be playing Half Life or Zelda any time soon?

I actually don't think they are fair comparisons. HL1 is a straight-up fps without a central hub and isn't story driven. Zelda is a puzzler/adventure game.

Bah, I've given up on Dishonoured for now and gone back to Divinity Original Sin.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I actually don't think they are fair comparisons. HL1 is a straight-up fps without a central hub and isn't story driven.
    What Half-Life were you playing? The entire thing is a story... Granted, it's not winning any Oscars for it's plot, but it absolutely is a story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Supraball!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Playing Dead Rising 3 now. It's incredible. 100's of zombies on screen at once! I've heard it's buggy and suffers fps issues but I'm running at ultra at 1080p and it's running fantastic for me so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

Yes I am a peasant : P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

Playing Dead Rising 3 now. It's incredible. 100's of zombies on screen at once! I've heard it's buggy and suffers fps issues but I'm running at ultra at 1080p and it's running fantastic for me so far.

I was all set t buy it but read that it was a chunky port which might tax the auld coolinng system... Tempted now.

I finished the main story in Dishonoured last night, I know I have one of the DLCs cause a friend got it for me for Christmas. Managed to keep a Low profile which is what I wanted and went for the non-lethal approach with all my targets. Only people who were killed were
    weepers, several of Daud's assassins and a non-trivial number of Admiral Havelock's personal guards at the lighthouse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,014 ✭✭✭marko93

Shiminay wrote: »
    I finished the main story in Dishonoured last night, I know I have one of the DLCs cause a friend got it for me for Christmas. Managed to keep a Low profile which is what I wanted and went for the non-lethal approach with all my targets. Only people who were killed were
    weepers, several of Daud's assassins and a non-trivial number of Admiral Havelock's personal guards at the lighthouse

The DLC "The Knife Of Dunwall was very enjoyable. One of his "gifts" is to spawn assassins which I had a lot of fun with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

brianblaze wrote: »
    I was all set t buy it but read that it was a chunky port which might tax the auld coolinng system... Tempted now.

Just be careful, there are a ton of issues that not everyone is experiencing. I was caught, my save no longer exists!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Just be careful, there are a ton of issues that not everyone is experiencing. I was caught, my save no longer exists!

There are some fixes about for that. Essentially move the save files, let the steam cloud resync and empty, then replace them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Its been pretty smooth for me too, running a i5 with 4Gb DDR3 and a GTX 460. Settings at medium for most and not many hiccups.

had one glitch at the very start where Rhonda was just a pair of jeans, a floating tattoo and eyelashes and some weird stretched skin texture that clipped through everything for about 50 meters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Spear wrote: »
    There are some fixes about for that. Essentially move the save files, let the steam cloud resync and empty, then replace them.

Tried that, didn't work... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,028 ✭✭✭Wossack

really liking DR3 alright! I had to roll back to an earlier nvidia driver, as was having regular crashes in the outdoors areas, but all good now (touch wood)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Gonna start a playthrough of Homeworld: Cataclysm tonight. Been ages since i played it, as i couldn't get it to run on the last time i played through the other two.

Also, Mass Effect 3 multiplayer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Arma 2 Unsung (vietnam mod) and Uk Forces this week mostly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Kiith wrote: »
    Gonna start a playthrough of Homeworld: Cataclysm tonight. Been ages since i played it, as i couldn't get it to run on the last time i played through the other two.

Also, Mass Effect 3 multiplayer.

Haven't played the Homeworld series in ages now. I've been holding out for the re-release.

Pity they're not redoing Cataclysm. It seems crazy that they lost the source code.
    I might see if I can get it to work on 8.1.

I'm thinking of doing a Mass Effect run. I couldn't stomach the first game though, so that's worrying me.

Relaxing with a bit of Prison Architect. I have it on a second monitor while I do other stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

GOG just gave me a beta key for their Witcher Adventure game. I guess that's me for the weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,752 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Shiminay wrote: »
    I'm thinking of doing a Mass Effect run. I couldn't stomach the first game though, so that's worrying me.
    www.masseffectsaves.com

sorted ;)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I'm still playing Dota 2

Le crai

I just played through HL2: Episode 1 again. I didn't mean to, I was just having a quick look, a few hours ago. Still holds up really damn well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

WoW/Diablo 3. Blizzard got my by the balls again. :(

I do play a few games of Wot again. A lot more casual this time around though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Couldn't resist Skyrim for less than €4 on Steam even though I've played it to death on Xbox. Any recommendations for mods?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Dacelonid

Playing GTA San Andreas.
    Tried to play this ages ago, but the mouse and keyboard drove me demented. Managed to get it to work with an xbox 360 controller and its like the difference between night and day. Such a better way to play it

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Playing anno 2070 the entire day,forgot how much I loved it :D

Started playing WH40K Space Marine this morning, and just cleared it there. Damn that was fantastic. Superb combat, with a great story and well voice acted. Shame that it won't get the trilogy that they planned for it, as it definitely deserves a sequel.

Also, it felt so badass flying around with the jetpack and Thunder Hammer :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭Scar Tissue

Dacelonid wrote: »
    Playing GTA San Andreas.
    Tried to play this ages ago, but the mouse and keyboard drove me demented. Managed to get it to work with an xbox 360 controller and its like the difference between night and day. Such a better way to play it

How'd you get it working? Can't seem to get it working on mine, managed to get the controller key bindings but the aim button doesn't work and I can't seem to change it either! Mouse right click doesn't work strangely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

Got Dead Rising 2. Terrible Port, runs absolutely shocking on my PC

Kiith wrote: »
    Started playing WH40K Space Marine this morning, and just cleared it there. Damn that was fantastic. Superb combat, with a great story and well voice acted. Shame that it won't get the trilogy that they planned for it, as it definitely deserves a sequel.

Also, it felt so badass flying around with the jetpack and Thunder Hammer :)

There has been no greater sense of power fantasy fulfilment than using that jump pack and Thunder Hammer combo. By the Emperor, they really nailed what a Space Marine should feel like playing from the deep "whump" of a bolt round firing to the "carving up Orkses with mah Chainsword." I really, really wish this game had done better and that it'd found a good home in a post THQ world.

The multiplayer is a whole lot of fun too, I played quite a lot of it, but they had player base fracturing DLC and no dedicated servers, so it's a total ghost town now if you try to play. Did manage to get a group of 5 or 6 playing together several nights (Sarky, you were there a couple of times I know) and that was brilliant. 3v3 can be a brilliant fight on that small "in the sewers" level with the 3 chambers/capture points. Dreadnaught DLC was fun, but without 8v8, the Dreadnaught is almost impossible to take down. It was the precursor to Titanfall I suppose :p

• Advertisement

I have rarely laughed so maniacally in any game. It happened when I discovered the joys charging through mobs with the spinny blade weapon in Painkiller, and by gum it happened when I spawned as the Dreddy in Space Marine. Also it was fun to shoot DeVore in the face. >_>

Lack of dedicated servers though, what a f*cking joke. I don't know how anyone manages to enjoy a game like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

I got Space Marine 40k at around Christmas and loved it. Completely agree about the Multiplayer, totally dead but you're always guaranteed to join either one Seize Ground or Annihilation game. I bought a good chunk of DLC but no luck in trying the Deadnaught Assault DLC :(

Almost forgot to mention, I'm back into getting a kick out of Planetside 2 again. I went back for a look after the new continent and the Valkyrie came along, and I'm quite enjoying both. The Valkyrie is really great for getting a small squad deployed somewhere a Galaxy just couldn't reach or would stand out too much, it's nippy as balls and can pack quite a punch with, say, 4 heavies in the back firing out rockets on top of the main gunner. Hossin is fun to play in too. Being all swampy/jungly terrain, there's plenty of cover and the haze makes long distance visibility a problem, meaning most of the infiltrators have swapped their sniper rifles for an SMG and run about doing loads of fun sneaky Predator type stuff. The implant thing is a bit odd, but I like how it gives you something to work for besides cert points with kills and XP contributing to occasional drops of new mods and the power needed to keep them running. As free to play games go, PS2 really is one of the best out there.

I haven't played PS2 in a while, I think I may have to revisit, it was always fun, but felt kinda lonely not having friends to play with. Sarky, might join you at some stage this week.

I'd be up for a few rounds of PS2 as well. Haven't played it in a while, but would like to give it another go with a group.

Shall we say Thursday evening?

Depends entirely on what craziness happens in the lab this week. Last week saw me leaving work around 11pm...

I should be around for some Planetside 2 tomorrow if anyone else is. Not 100% sure yet, but should be good to play for a bit.

I started reinstalling it last night :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,014 ✭✭✭marko93

I say playing but what I really mean is being shít at CS:GO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Being playing Trials Fusion for the past bit. Probably shall get back into Heroes and Generals over the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,416 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Diablo 3. Never thought I'd get back into it as much as I have, but the Seasons\New Patch have breated a bit of new life into it. Quite impressed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Dacelonid

How'd you get it working? Can't seem to get it working on mine, managed to get the controller key bindings but the aim button doesn't work and I can't seem to change it either! Mouse right click doesn't work strangely

I followed this guide
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=234359854&insideModal=1

Or one very like it anyway

drifting between diablo 3 and Rome II, the new emperor patch is pretty good, all in all it's the version now that it should have been on release, shambles so it was

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Also getting some Hitman Absolution in as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Archeage, The Sims 4 (not impressed but I feel obliged given the time I've given to the title over the years) and starting to play through Pokemon Y on my 2DS (purchased for playing in the hospital when I had my daughter, but seemingly I didn't factor in that I'd be spending all my time actually looking after her :P ).

Bored with games as of late, thinking of going back to Harvest Moon on the PS1 for the laugh.

After all the DoW talk in the RTS thread, and playing through Space Marine recently, i'm going to do a full playthrough of DoW series. Never played the dlc's, so that should be fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

For some reason I thought I'd to a gorge on Fable 1, 2 & 3 over the next week and then realised that Wasteland 2 is out. So I guess that's what's going to be sucking up my time for the next while.

humanji wrote: »
    For some reason I thought I'd to a gorge on Fable 1, 2 & 3 over the next week and then realised that Wasteland 2 is out. So I guess that's what's going to be sucking up my time for the next while.

Ooh, i didn't realise it was out today. I think i know what i'm playing now.

• Advertisement

tempted, but 40 quid on steam, plus gauntlet and ancient space is next week too :/ decision decisions..

Advertisement