Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurance for a watch

Options
  • 25-08-2014 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi all

what insurance companys offer insurance on jewelry such as watches. I want a cover that will protect me from loss,damage or theft please . Finding it really hard to find somewhere that will cover my watch

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

rayne10 wrote: »
    Hi all

what insurance companys offer insurance on jewelry such as watches. I want a cover that will protect me from loss,damage or theft please . Finding it really hard to find somewhere that will cover my watch

Most home insurance plans allow you to put "all risks" on certain items which will cover what you're after.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 rayne10

I am a student and dont have home insurance. I just want to insure the watch alone!
    thanks anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

rayne10 wrote: »
    I am a student and dont have home insurance. I just want to insure the watch alone!
    thanks anyway

You can just take out a contents insurance policy to cover your belongings including your watch, you don't need to own a home for it. These policies aren't expensive and are probably your best bet. You won't find specific watch insurance

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

we have named specific items on our home insurance, such as my engagement ring & my husband's watch. We just needed to give them proof of the value of the items. You can just tell them what specific things you feel you want specifically covered for and they will tell you what they need from you.

Advertisement