Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spurs v Lpool Match Thread - Sun 31st Aug 1.30 SS1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Ade gets around a player, down the line and there's nobody in the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Me'h, if we could of pulled a goal back at 2-0 then maybe some doubt could of crept in. 3-0...game over. Pool so dangerous in attack, wealth of speed in abundance. They made mincemeat out of both cb's. Moreno looks class.

I've been saying it for ages, Kaboul is totally untrustworthy. I squirm every time he receives the ball. Dawson in disguise. Too early to be playing Pool, hopefully we can shown some character in the returning fixture.

Go again at Sunderland and bounce back.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

no heart in this team or pride

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Charliebull

The only good thing about today is rose injured, hopefully we never have to se that useless fcuker in a spurs jersey again, Oh wait he got a new contract:eek:

And Townsend if Southampton want to give us 10 million then take it

At least we know top 4 is a pipe dream, Europa league our best chance of getting into champions league, wtf will man city do to us

well done dowd great call there

• Advertisement

Never mind lads...we'll sign Welbeck on loan and be unbeatable!!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Playing only one up front, allowed Liverpool to play it from the back with ease.

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭awkwardboy

I'm not going to get too despondent over this. Pool weren't great under Rogers in his first season. MP needs time to get them playing in his style and that doesn't happen overnight. They will be plenty of ups and downs this season. Just hope there are more ups than downs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Outplayed in midfield,Bentaleb does nothing,we need a new striker before window closes.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Out played. Out fought and out manouved. It kills me to say it but Rodgers masterminded the thing. Yes the peno was soft and Townsend is a gonk but they outplayed us in terms of chances and on target shots.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Charliebull

awkwardboy wrote: »
    I'm not going to get too despondent over this. Pool weren't great under Rogers in his first season. MP needs time to get them playing in his style and that doesn't happen overnight. They will be plenty of ups and downs this season. Just hope there are more ups than downs.

I totally agree with you but for me to get hopeful I really wish he was starting to shift the sh!te, I mean Stevie wonder could have told him Danny Rose is the worst left back in England,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

tippspur wrote: »
    Outplayed in midfield,Bentaleb does nothing,we need a new striker before window closes.

It wasn't Bentaleb, it was Capoue couldn't cope with Sterling. Their diamond shape caused us problems. Kaboul is no longer good enough, just as well we have that new CB. We also need a proven striker

i wasnt expecting to beat pool today but i did expect us to put up a fight and show some pride ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭awkwardboy

I totally agree with you but for me to get hopeful I really wish he was starting to shift the sh!te, I mean Stevie wonder could have told him Danny Rose is the worst left back in England,

Agreed. I would like to see him offload some of the poorer members of the squad. MP is by no means a saviour, some of his previous signings/judgements have not been great, Osvaldo being a prime example. I think we all want to see a Spurs side that at least pushes the likes the Liverpool in games like this. In the past 3 games with them now we haven't scored and conceded 12. Thats quite hard to take ... but we move on, it's still only August after all!

davycc wrote: »
    i wasnt expecting to beat pool today but i did expect us to put up a fight and show some pride ffs

Me too. Disappointed with reaction after the 2nd goal.
    Poch is the man and all that. But at least under Harry if we were down 2 nil at home with 40 mins left you knew we'd give it a go. We haven't looked like that under the last 3 managers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

So bad today - could have been 6 or 7

Embarrassing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Embarrassing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Embarrassing

Your right, twice.

Jesus we have to get rid of Rose, Townsend and Kaboul. The old Kaboul is gone, the other two should take up a different sport.

Our mid field was very poor today.

Pay the fukn money Southampton want and buy MS.

A top striker wouldn't go a miss either.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,298 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Roll on the pool next weekend, best time to face them, morale will be low after tonight

The combination of your OP and your username is fantastic :D

jobeenfitz wrote: »
    Pay the fukn money Southampton want and buy MS.

Lots of people saying that but I thought that deal was dead since this Stambouli bloke is on the way?

Maybe Soton will be mad enough to give us Schneiderlin and take Townsend?

• Advertisement

He was on telly yesterday saying his focus is on Southampton now, so I think that one is long gone. Also Koeman said they will not sell him and said that from the very beginning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

KingdomYid wrote: »
    Flying over bright and early on Sunday, hoping for a better result than last season.

And you got your wish!

Delighted after that win, reading some of the comments on here has made it even better. See you all again in February.

And you got your wish!

Delighted after that win, reading some of the comments on here has made it even better. See you all again in February.

it was a bit early in the season for the fixture but fook it anyway.go back to the soccer forum and stop trolling in here you bitter git

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

it was a bit early in the season for the fixture but fook it anyway.go back to the soccer forum and stop trolling in here you bitter git

This "too early in the season" is not a valid excuse

This was a home game for us and the performance was abysmal.

mickman wrote: »
    This "too early in the season" is not a valid excuse

This was a home game for us and the performance was abysmal.

cant disagree with that point been saying the same myself no heart after the 3rd goal went in-loads of time left for us to try get a goal or 2 back but most our team just played it side to side until the FT whistle went

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

cant disagree with that point been saying the same myself no heart after the 3rd goal went in-loads of time left for us to try get a goal or 2 back but most our team just played it side to side until the FT whistle went

Never looked like scoring really. I see the pool getting 3rd this season so today's performance in 6th or thereabouts

Yeah the last 10 mins was very lacklustre. A bit of passion and determination and we might have nicked a goal or a peno or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Missed the game but heard the ref did us no favours and in the end we looked frustrated, Liverpool did a job on us again. Kaboul's lost that yard of pace he once had? Capoue MIA?

You learn a lot more about your team when you lose. Good timing? Poch / Levy will be on the blower tomorrow....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

boss1.jpg

• Advertisement

Missed the game but heard the ref did us no favours and in the end we looked frustrated, Liverpool did a job on us again. Kaboul's lost that yard of pace he once had? Capoue MIA?

You learn a lot more about your team when you lose. Good timing? Poch / Levy will be on the blower tomorrow....

Tbh I didn't think the ref did anything wrong. It was a blatant dive for the peno, but Dier had his hand on him which gave him the opportunity to go down.

It was just a very poor performance overall with nobody really showing up, and a few looking really poor like Eriksen, Kaboul and Rose.

Advertisement