Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What mat?

Options
  • 25-08-2014 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭

Started to mix up my fitness regime and started pilates for first time last week ouch! anyway I want to try some stretches at home but confused about what mat I know a yoga mat is thinner so won't buy that, is an exercise and pilates mat the same? I want to do some floor exercises and pilates but don't want to have to buy two separate mats.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,600 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

miss choc wrote: »
    Started to mix up my fitness regime and started pilates for first time last week ouch! anyway I want to try some stretches at home but confused about what mat I know a yoga mat is thinner so won't buy that, is an exercise and pilates mat the same? I want to do some floor exercises and pilates but don't want to have to buy two separate mats.

A pilates mat will be 10-12mm thick. Maybe even 15mm. It should give the thickness on the packaging. I would go by that.

Advertisement