Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nikon D3100

• 25-08-2014 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

I have a Nikon D3100 and am having some issues with it. The first issue has been occuring on and off since I got the camera last October. I have both settings at automatic as I don't know a lot about this camera and the shop said it was he best setting. Sometimes when I want to take a photo the camera won't take it, the button remains stiff and will not take a photo. I don't know why this happens? The 2nd problem which started happening in a recent holiday is again not taking a photo and when it did take a photo which involved any zooming in the object / person I wanted to photgraph would be blurred and the background would be clear. 3rd problem is I removed the SD card and had it in a side pocket of my handbag for a couple of days. When I put it back into my camera it didn't acknowledge the card, kept saying "no card inserted". I put a different SD card in the camera and it acknowledged that card. Anyone know what's wrong with the card? All my photos of my baby are on it for the past year. They switch isn't at lock or anything. Please anyone able to advise me, just need to sort it out before warranty is out. To make matters worse bought it in Argos so not a proper camera shop where staff will have good knowledge of product.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

I have a Nikon D3100 and am having some issues with it. The first issue has been occuring on and off since I got the camera last October. I have both settings at automatic as I don't know a lot about this camera and the shop said it was he best setting. Sometimes when I want to take a photo the camera won't take it, the button remains stiff and will not take a photo. I don't know why this happens?

Sounds like it can't focus in that particular frame maybe.

The 2nd problem which started happening in a recent holiday is again not taking a photo and when it did take a photo which involved any zooming in the object / person I wanted to photgraph would be blurred and the background would be clear.

Sounds like the lighting available is too low so on auto the camera is setting the shutter speed very low and the subject in your photo is moving, hence the blur, maybe.

3rd problem is I removed the SD card and had it in a side pocket of my handbag for a couple of days. When I put it back into my camera it didn't acknowledge the card, kept saying "no card inserted". I put a different SD card in the camera and it acknowledged that card. Anyone know what's wrong with the card? All my photos of my baby are on it for the past year. They switch isn't at lock or anything. Please anyone able to advise me, just need to sort it out before warranty is out. To make matters worse bought it in Argos so not a proper camera shop where staff will have good knowledge of product.

connect the card to your laptop directly (either through the built in sd card sloe or by using an sd card reader), copy all the photos off of the sd card and once you have them saved, format the card - it should work then I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Try putting your camera in continuous focus mode to sort the first problem.
    You need to read up on how to use the focus settings on your camera for the second problem.
    Try the "recuva" free recovery program to get your photos off the SD card.
    Have a look here >>>>> http://www.cameratips.com/d3100/focus-modes-points-nikon-d3100

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 72 ✭✭RickyWed

But go out of auto it's not that hard to work in aperture priority or shutter speed priority. There is many tutorials out there.

Advertisement