Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tractor Licence

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭shrek008

aaron11441 wrote: »
    Hi can anyone tell me the full process of getting a tractor licence and where to apply for it in cork thanks :) im 15 atm

You gotta apply online for a theory test,a mobile testing unit will be calling to your local town from time to time,i think there is 40 questions on test and you have to get 38 correct,fee is €45, its just a money racket really,you have to pay another €25 for the book to study for test.You can do test at 15 but cant get licence till 16.

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭rushvalley

shrek008 wrote: »
    You gotta apply online for a theory test,a mobile testing unit will be calling to your local town from time to time,i think there is 40 questions on test and you have to get 38 correct,fee is €45, its just a money racket really,you have to pay another €25 for the book to study for test.You can do test at 15 but cant get licence till 16.

Is there a tractor test now?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 aaron11441

what is the website to apply for it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,697 ✭✭✭brian_t

what is the website to apply for it

http://www.theorytest.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭farmerjj

Is it not 35 out of 40?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,447 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Always wondered if I could pass that test. Didn't have to do it in my day

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭dzer2

Yeah just send in the form and got the licence back then. But they are making up for it now had to do the cpc thingy. Was at a course last month and there was a person there and the only licence he had was for an Artic. He didnt have a licence for a car, small lorry, tractor or motor bike

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭micraX

Need artic license to pull a low loader and twin axle trailer from next year, and I heard rumors that 2wd vehicles won't be allowed pull twin axle trailers in the future.

micraX wrote: »
    Need artic license to pull a low loader and twin axle trailer from next year, and I heard rumors that 2wd vehicles won't be allowed pull twin axle trailers in the future.

Will that come in i wonder. As it's ridiculous in fairness

do you need to have someone on the tractor with you our can you just start driving when you get the licence

• Advertisement

i hope that don't come into effect

i hope that don't come into effect

If it does it will cause havoc as most 13x7 trailers are double axle

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Butcher Boy

dzer2 wrote: »
    Yeah just send in the form and got the licence back then. But they are making up for it now had to do the cpc thingy. Was at a course last month and there was a person there and the only licence he had was for an Artic. He didnt have a licence for a car, small lorry, tractor or motor bike

I taught you would have the full c licence before u could get the artic , at least that was the way before .

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭stop thelights

That's ant coming in from 2016. Need a link to what saying!!!

What I've read is that the trailers regs starting 2016 and there going reviewing the licence in a few years time. Letting people know its coming way down the line

That's ant coming in from 2016. Need a link to what saying!!!

What I've read is that the trailers regs starting 2016 and there going reviewing the licence in a few years time. Letting people know its coming way down the line
    Every farmer can't do the artic license tho. I'd say there will be an exemption to agri use tho. How would the agri contractors operate

Advertisement