Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone swaps ethical question

Options
  • 26-08-2014 12:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hi,
    I recently swapped a phone on adverts.ie,I was slow and sceptical and unsure about it and spent about a month or two weighing up options.long story short I swapped a s4 for an iphone 5 last Thursday.the iphone has a crack on aide of glass which I overlooked and took the phone.my s4 was perfect bar the camera being broken.i fixed this camera and made sure phone was top notch. We met.he spent twenty mins looking at my phone and said yes I like it.we swapped.now four days later he's text me saying the phone isn't working and he wants a swap back,I find this hard to believe as it's never once had an issue with me.in our talks I already caught him out on a lie or two in terms of his reason for swapping.do I have the right to refuse to swap back!?he may have damaged my phone since!?i think he may have got my car reg too and may find out where I live

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Private sale. No come back

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Jack25x

Yeah I got legal advice and was told the same,he got same advice,then he was so desperate he rang my work place and wanted to report me for fraud,was told fairly swiftly it's a private matter.he wanted me in trouble at work even though he knows I'm married man with kids,shows how many crazy people that are out there

Advertisement