Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice Needed!

• 26-08-2014 12:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭

Transferring from NUI Galway to IT Sligo in September.

I live around 40 minutes from the college so I am thinking of commuting as it will save money.

I worry however I might miss out on the social aspect if I am constricted to bus timetables (don't have a full licence yet)

Any advice on the best place for accommodation that is good for meeting men and women?
    Preferably not first year accommodation as I am nearly 21 and they will mostly be a lot younger.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Jason.L

Transferring from NUI Galway to IT Sligo in September.

I live around 40 minutes from the college so I am thinking of commuting as it will save money.

I worry however I might miss out on the social aspect if I am constricted to bus timetables (don't have a full licence yet)

Any advice on the best place for accommodation that is good for meeting men and women?
    Preferably not first year accommodation as I am nearly 21 and they will mostly be a lot younger.

Thanks

It really depends on what you want to get out of the social life. Accommodation wise, you'll probably have to move in with a student if you don't want to be paying insanely high prices - but landlords/businesses that rent out can accommodate your age and some landlords will even try to get people doing the same types of courses.

Best bet - Take a look on the student unions website and shop around.

Advertisement