Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Basic Business Wordpress Site

Options
  • 26-08-2014 1:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi, I previously had a website with wix but a domain with blackknight. The domain is currently expired. I've now developed a wordpress site [basic catalogue site for a small business, front Page with slider, about us, contact, image gallery etc] Just a few queries for you.

Do you support wordpress?
    And if so, what hosting plan would you recommend to me? 
    Would a change from wix to yourselves involve much complication?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

FrLukeDuke wrote: »
    Hi, I previously had a website with wix but a domain with blackknight. The domain is currently expired. I've now developed a wordpress site [basic catalogue site for a small business, front Page with slider, about us, contact, image gallery etc] Just a few queries for you.

Do you support wordpress?
    And if so, what hosting plan would you recommend to me? 
    Would a change from wix to yourselves involve much complication?
    Yes we support Wordpress and host a LOT of Wordpress sites

Our entry level plan would probably suit you: https://www.blacknight.com/minimus-hosting.html

If you're switching from Wix to ourselves then you're changing your site entirely. Which is, in some ways, much easier than moving an existing site.

At the moment your domain's DNS is pointing to Wix.
    You'd need to configure your new site (using Wordpress) on our servers and then switch the DNS over.
    If you have any issues or questions please contact our support team: https://www.blacknight.com/support.html
    They're available on both phone and livechat during Irish office hours and via email the rest of the time

HTH

Michele

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭kdaly100

I moved a client to Blacknight from Wix a few weeks ago and there is no issue.  The Blacknight support guys will talk you through the process and the Minimus package is perfect for your needs.

Wix is terrible good idea to move away from it

• Registered Users Posts: 17 FrLukeDuke

Great to hear. Thanks for your responses. Does Blackknight use a cpanel type interface?

Great to hear. Thanks for your responses. Does Blackknight use a cpanel type interface?
    We use a control panel, but it is NOT Cpanel

Okay, thanks. Am i right in saying that I can host 30 sites on this plan or have I misread the spec? 

Also... does the choice of linux vs windows relate to my development environment or is that the server OS?

Can you recommend one over the other for wordpress if the latter of what i said is true?

• Advertisement

Okay, thanks. Am i right in saying that I can host 30 sites on this plan or have I misread the spec? 

Also... does the choice of linux vs windows relate to my development environment or is that the server OS?

Can you recommend one over the other for wordpress if the latter of what i said is true?
    You can host up to 30 sites on the plan
    The choice of Windows vs Linux refers to our servers
    We'd recommend Linux for a multitude of reasons :)

Ok so I'm finally getting my website online... I'm using a domain that is registered on the another account and the hosting is on my account. Having some trouble transferring the domain. I followed a suggestion online which said

"First delete the domain from the account it is registered under:
    Hosted Domains > domainname > Delete

Then add the domain to the account the hosting package is on:
    Hosted Domains > Add Registered Domain"

I've done this and it seems to have created the site in my websites directory. I installed wordpress through the web applications tool. But my web hosting is "out of sync" according to my hosting services page. The domain was only renewed today (the balance paid on it for 2 years) perhaps this hasnt gone through yet, as in the registered domain section on the account for the domain it's status is expired.

Any advice on where I go from here?

Please contact our support team

Advertisement