Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaeltacht and Hibernia Primary Teaching

Options
  • 26-08-2014 8:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi.

I'm due to start Hibernia this September for primary teaching.

I just have a random query. I know that I have to undertake 2 weeks in the Gaelteacht in July/August next year(dates to be decided). I'm just wondering does anybody know the situation if a family wedding was to fall in that period? Would I be able to leave and attend?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 ELSEBELLE

Im not sure that they give u two specific weeks i have been acepted for the course too but i went o gaeltacht myself in July they are very relaxed about people coming in late or no shows one day im sure taking a day or two off would not matter

• Registered Users Posts: 3 JanBan24

Teenie07 wrote: »
    Hi.

I'm due to start Hibernia this September for primary teaching.

I just have a random query. I know that I have to undertake 2 weeks in the Gaelteacht in July/August next year(dates to be decided). I'm just wondering does anybody know the situation if a family wedding was to fall in that period? Would I be able to leave and attend?

Cheers

I am in the same predicament,,,the email from hibernia states that the student must not make any plans around the July/August period as the Gaeltacht is compulsory but I would imagine that in cases such as these maybe they could be leaniant?

Advertisement