Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blubell Luas to Walkinstown

Options
  • 26-08-2014 10:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,118 ✭✭✭

Going to view a house later in Stanford Green in Walkinstown. From looking at Google maps its not too far from bluebell luas stop, but not sure if there's direct access to it. Does anyone know if there is pedestrian access through muirfield drive and slievebloom park? I need to know how much time to give myself to get out there, plus would be much happier buying in an area not too far from a luas stop.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

If you're planning on buying this house (i.e. taking on tens of thousands of euro of debt) the least you can do is take a spin out there to assess the neighbourhood. Going by the reputation of the area, Luas access may not be your top concern. If all else fails, Google Maps it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,118 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

It's a first viewing, I will be checking out the area and assessing the commute when I get out there later. Primarily need to know now so I don't end up 30 minutes late.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭stanley1

27,77A bus to Drimnagh Rd,Luas is a fair trot away.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,410 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Yes there is - http://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=17/53.32704/-6.33271 - the dotted blue line.

Cheers. Think I'll go with the luas as I'm based right next to busaras luas stop. Wouldn't mind walking through a bit of the area either.

• Advertisement

Actually just saw the 27 goes from across the road. Might as well go with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,309 ✭✭✭markpb

Aard wrote: »
    Going by the reputation of the area, Luas access may not be your top concern

??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

^If I were househunting in that area my primary concern would be safety, and I would visit in person to assuage my fears.

Advertisement