Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin v Donegal Sunday 31 August AI semifinal Mod Warning Posts #392 #541

18910111214»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,500 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

ganmo wrote: »
    dublin got beaten by donegals defence.
    fair play to the donegal players for sticking to the pundits!

but the the donegal fans booing wasn't on and those few 'injuries' at the end hmm? Murphys on ok but the other lads after kicking the ball away...not on
    The Donegal fans booing wasn't on??! What are you even talking about? The only time I can remember Donegal fans booing was when Dublin got a really soft free on the Hogan stand side and the ref then moved it forward. Well that and the line ball near the end which was laughable. Every time Donegal had a free, even in the minor match, the booing was deafening. Is it ok as long as it's Dublin?

Anyway, great result. The last time I was as tense at a match was the Cork SF im 2012, not good for the heart!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭EunanMac

ganmo wrote: »
    dublin got beaten by donegals defence.
    fair play to the donegal players for sticking to the pundits!

but the the donegal fans booing wasn't on and those few 'injuries' at the end hmm? Murphys on ok but the other lads after kicking the ball away...not on

Invincible Dublin were beaten fair and square, and well beaten at that, and well beaten in offence, as well as defence. No amount of crying and whining about Donegal is going to change that fact. It's time to get over it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

We're well over it ... it becomes with being Champions .. you learn to be magnanimous in victory or defeat

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭emmetlego

I was a neutral at the game (granted, my weuns are Dubs) but I am from the norths so I would have had a liking for Donegal. Not any more. Their gamesmanship in both minor and senior game was as cheating as cheating can be. Very off putting. May even shout for Kerry in the final.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭freddiek

DoctaDee wrote: »
    We're well over it ... it becomes with being Champions .. you learn to be magnanimous in victory or defeat

Gavin was very complimentary of Donegal after the defeat to be fair to him.

But after winning the All-Ireland last year he (oddly) gave out about referees' treatment of Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

fullstop wrote: »
    The Donegal fans booing wasn't on??! What are you even talking about? The only time I can remember Donegal fans

Have to agree here. Dublin were the first county to start this booing lark. Doesn't matter if the opposition are getting or taking a free the booing is deafening. They even brought it into hurling. Now that other "supporters "are doing it they feel agreved . Get a grip Dublin. Ye started this so live with it. Ye were beaten fair and square. Thank god ye didn't win,sure ye haven't stopped moaning since ye lost. Ye would NEVER shut up if ye had won.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

freddiek wrote: »
    Gavin was very complimentary of Donegal after the defeat to be fair to him.

But after winning the All-Ireland last year he (oddly) gave out about referees' treatment of Dublin.

Howya Freddie, yeah I remember that interview - very much out of character for the man. I suppose putting a microphone in front of him directly after reaching the summit of the game and he hadn't quite rewired the brain :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭harpsman

emmetlego wrote: »
    I was a neutral at the game (granted, my weuns are Dubs) but I am from the norths so I would have had a liking for Donegal. Not any more. Their gamesmanship in both minor and senior game was as cheating as cheating can be. Very off putting. May even shout for Kerry in the final.
    Dont worry love, your support ll not be missed on our side of the border.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,321 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Really?

Tbh I think you're simply trolling (or cant swallow the medicine graciously) seeing as you posted the following in the Dublin GAA discussion thread just 2 short weeks ago.....................

:-)

This team won't be stopped. They will have Donegal with them for 45 minutes (longer than any other team) but will destroy them as they empty the bench. Kerry should beat mayo, and that could be interesting. I'd still see Dublin coasting to victory over any of the 3 remaining teams with the bench strength being the decisive factor.

Only 2 things can beat Dublin. Themselves or a string of serious injuries to key personnel (Cluxton, O'Carroll or Flynn/Bernard Brogan)

Watching county football for over 4 decades now, I'm struggling to remember a team so strong, with depth added. That could be just my old age though! The thing so impressive though, is that they are winning big games, while there are really good Mayo, Kerry and Donegal teams on the scene. Could be a golden era for Dublin GAA fans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

fullstop wrote: »
    The Donegal fans booing wasn't on??! What are you even talking about? The only time I can remember Donegal fans

Have to agree here. Dublin were the first county to start this booing lark. Doesn't matter if the opposition are getting or taking a free the booing is deafening. They even brought it into hurling. Now that other "supporters "are doing it they feel agreved . Get a grip Dublin. Ye started this so live with it. Ye were beaten fair and square. Thank god ye didn't win,sure ye haven't stopped moaning since ye lost. Ye would NEVER shut up if ye had won.

Talk to Joe

Dubland FM. You must be joking :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

muffler wrote: »
    Really?

Tbh I think you're simply trolling (or cant swallow the medicine graciously) seeing as you posted the following in the Dublin GAA discussion thread just 2 short weeks ago.....................

Beggars belief that they thought nobody would notice sir! :rolleyes:

I know I shouldnt be ungracious but heres what ORourke had to say

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/colm-orourke-goliath-of-game-will-ruthlessly-crush-any-donegal-david-30549355.html

Didnt hear him refer to this after match!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

Some shyte being posted now!!! Between the Joe Duffy groupie and the Div 1 Wendyball fan!!!

• Advertisement

:):):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

And on that note we are done here. Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement