Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin v Donegal Sunday 31 August AI semifinal Mod Warning Posts #392 #541

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Limestone1

Shocking 2nd half from the dubs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,461 ✭✭✭✭Zeek12

Dubs trying for goals from impossible positions. Have wasted so many scorable points that way

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭DeadHand

How many Michael Murphys are actually on the field?

Donegal fought like dogs all day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,716 ✭✭✭✭maccored

i think its good night irene for the dubs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

All very quiet on hill 16 :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭supersean1999

Dublin are kicking this away . But Its very clear to see the soft games up to now has killed them. They have Not Had a tough game for 11 months. Well Done to Donegal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭westernfrenzy

9 wides in the second half says it all really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Shouldnt laugh..

But the incincibles.. The undefeatables.. Cant score simple points with the posts staring you in the face..

After seeing fans on the threads the past 2 days, tbis is absolutely hillrious to watch..

Sure kerry wont be a threat.. 15 point win over donegal easily.. The subs have barely scored 15..

Karma youre amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

Time to split Donegal in two!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

The media might stop the hype for a while. Til next June of course

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 449 ✭✭SeanJ09

This is just remarkable by Jim McGuiness. Hard to believe this team were hammered by Mayo last year. Unrecognisable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭lukin

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Commentary is bile, the Dublin team have said nothing and shown no disrespect. This isn't over confidence or arrogance, Donegal have just played well and will be deserved winners

Yeah I agree. Martin Carney talking s***e as usual. I didn't hear Jim Gavin or any Dublin player saying they already All-Ireland champions before this game. Quite the opposite, they were modest and respectful.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭NightOfTheHunt

6-7 mins added time is my prediction, and Dublin to win on a dodgy penalty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Hack commentary there imo - don't think Dub teams underestimated Donegal (maybe some fans did, deffo not all) just Donegal playing brilliant and got tactics spot on..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭supersean1999

At 8-4 up and a sitter of a miss changed the game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Christie Toy coming on in the first half changed the game. Donegal have played a great game since then, pretty much flawless! I never expected this.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭NightOfTheHunt

2 mins! Game over, well played Donegal

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Hibbeler

dublin are not finished yet but this performance has to go a long way in spelling out just how bad a state leinster football is in , the dubs look like the harlem globetrotters in that provence, donegal have exposed a few weakness here today

And what did Dublin do to Monaghan in the Quarter final??
    Other than Donegal (after today obviously) they would be more than capable of doing the same to all other Ulster teams

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭LowOdour

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Commentary is bile, the Dublin team have said nothing and shown no disrespect. This isn't over confidence or arrogance, Donegal have just played well and will be deserved winners

I agree....think Carney should differentiate between the player s and what the rest of the country are saying. I for one was definitely saying that it was Dublin's championship so this is a mad result.

After the league, If someone had told me it would be a Donegal Kerry final I would have laughed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Hotfail.com

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Shouldnt laugh..

But the incincibles.. The undefeatables.. Cant score simple points with the posts staring you in the face..

After seeing fans on the threads the past 2 days, tbis is absolutely hillrious to watch..

Sure kerry wont be a threat.. 15 point win over donegal easily.. The subs have barely scored 15..

Karma youre amazing.

I know we're going to have Dublin fans getting extremely defensive when they see posts like that, but I've seen a massive amount of absolute blind arrogance coming from Dublin fans in the past few days, not all of them of course.

Still, it does feel good to see them shown up like this. :pac: :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,119 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

i hope this donegal performance will finally put to bed the stupid argument that dublin have an advantage because of there sponsorship deal with A.I.G its performance not money that wins all irelands

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

lukin wrote: »
    Yeah I agree. Martin Carney talking s***e as usual. I didn't hear Jim Gavin or any Dublin player saying they already All-Ireland champions before this game. Quite the opposite, they were modest and respectful.

The Dublin team and management seem a decent bunch alright but going by the thread yesterday, many Dublin fans thought they were already in the final. That sort of overconfidence can take hold in a county and affect players as much as they try to avoid it.

Woooo hooooo !!!!

:-):-):-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,426 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

The Emperor has no clothes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭circular flexing

This really makes all the talk of Dublin dominating football for the next 10 years is just a nonsense. I've been saying for a while now that Dublin will get found out this year and their system is far from perfect and they haven't really been tested this year. No-one really listened to me and look at it now.

At the end of it all, it's 15 against 15 and any team can be beaten on any given day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

Delighted for Dublin and their hubris

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭microsim

Show the hill.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

In fairness the Dublin team and management have been very keen to play down any talk of the been undefeatable and all that in has been all the fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Well done, Donegal. Now give the same dose to Kerry:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭EunanMac

JIMMY'S WINNING MATCHES !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Spudmonkey

Brilliant!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Peist2007

What a collapse from Dublin. Completely outplayed and out-sussed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

I think a few people in the game thread yesterday owe Donegal an apology...

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭freddiek

great day for the GAA.

A victory for honest amateurism over creeping professionalism.

Well done to all Donegal people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Well done Donegal, not Dublin day.

It wasn't the system, didn't even think they were too defensive, it was the players.

Two excellent teams today and Donegal were more clinical. As any same dubs fan has been saying the top 4 are very close.

NNot looking forward to the same old ****e from RTE after. As mentioned the commentary and lack of intelligence shown by the commentary team has been astounding. It's those exact people and not Dublin who have been saying they were unbeatable.

AGain well done to Donegal, guess we can keep Dublin unified for now 😉. Well be back next year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Oregano_State

Right lads, that's that. Will both teams have to wear alternate strips in the final?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭bennyl10

I know we're going to have Dublin fans getting extremely defensive when they see posts like that, but I've seen a massive amount of absolute blind arrogance coming from Dublin fans in the past few days, not all of them of course.

Still, it does feel good to see them shown up like this. :pac: :D

Let them get defensive.. The arrogance was painful..

Donegal prove it all to be smoke and mirrors..

But now will the arrogant fans admit that they werent good enough.. Or will the excuses roll in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Hotfail.com

This really makes all the talk of Dublin dominating football for the next 10 years is just a nonsense. I've been saying for a while now that Dublin will get found out this year and their system is far from perfect and they haven't really been tested this year. No-one really listened to me and look at it now.

At the end of it all, it's 15 against 15 and any team can be beaten on any given day.

Yep, I always thought the same.

Didn't even put back-to-back All Irelands together and people were saying they were going to dominate. Absolute nonsense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,655 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Amazing game

Also hilarious to read the first couple of pages of this thread after that result :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

I've banned two users for a week for very poor name calling - lot of moderation on the thread already, you have been warned to keep it civil

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭aveytare

Joe'll be back to supporting Donegal so.

Well done Donegal, brilliant weekend. Final should be a great occasion as well.

freddiek wrote: »
    great day for the GAA.

A victory for honest amateurism over creeping professionalism.

Well done to all Donegal people.

Lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Great match and an unbelievable performance from Donegal.

Dublin only have themselves to blame for this.Far too many bad misses, didn't show Donegal enough respect in the match today.They should have tightened up early in the second half and calmed things for about for 10 minutes.Bernard Brogan went missing today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 449 ✭✭SeanJ09

Donegal favourites for the final IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭DeadHand

Great weekend for Gaelic football. Redeemed dramatically what was until now a dire Championship.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Let them get defensive.. The arrogance was painful..

Donegal prove it all to be smoke and mirrors..

But now will the arrogant fans admit that they werent good enough.. Or will the excuses roll in

What arrogance? Muppets in the papers or on twitter?

Not a single one of us going to the game today thought we'd win this easily. This is a quality Donegal team and they fully deserved their victory. They completely outplayed us.

Stop talking ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

dublin conceded 3 14

Not much science to figure out what happened there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

Also hilarious to read the first couple of pages of this thread after that result :D

Well I dont think anybody would have expected Dublin to miss the sort of chances they did in the second half... It was like the sort of collapse that used to happen to Dublin pre-Jim Gavin... like against Kerry, and the collapse against Mayo in 2006. I didnt think we would see that sort of collapse from this era of players..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

That was another great game of football, the intensity was something else. Fantastic display by Donegal, I didn't think they'd do it after going 5 or so points behind but they got the goals, and cut off the Dublin threat a bit higher up the pitch than most teams manage.

Were never going to concede a goal. Fair play to them.

Peist2007 wrote: »
    What a collapse from Dublin. Completely outplayed and out-sussed

Not sure they were, few breaking balls in it really. Goals change games

Was an excellent game, higher standard than yesterday I thought

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement