Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage for house with subsidence

Options
  • 26-08-2014 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭

Hi All

Does anyone know if it would be possible to get a mortgage for a buy to let which has subsidence?

The house needs a bit of work including under pinning, so was just wondering if banks would take issue with this and not lend against it.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭dharma200

I am no expert her but the problem is getting insurance, which you need to get morgage. was reading a thread there a while back about houses in cork with subsidence and there was insusurance companies who would insure on it. I would definately talk to a broker or try to google a bit more about it. hths

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭golfdiva

I should be able to get insurance but they would exclude subsidence on the policy.

Maybe this would be an issue to the mortgage provider?

Advertisement