Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BTEA help

Options
  • 26-08-2014 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

Hello all,

I've been ringing around a couple of places this morning and i am still unclear on this tbh.

I got a letter this morning stating that i have been provisionally awarded the btea.

It states on this letter that they now want
    1) confirmation from college stating that i am registered as a full time student

2) details of the course i intend completing

3) start/finish date of the course

Now, i registered for my course at nui galway the other day and i printed off the proof of reg form that, as far as i know, has all the info above that the btea guys are looking for.

Do i just pop the reg letter i printed off myself in the envelope and send it back or does this reg letter need to be stamped by college first or something?

Thanks everyone

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Half Rhodesian

ah jaysus... one reply at least

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭Bepolite

ah jaysus... one reply at least

Hows about popping into the local office? Take in what you have, they will require you to come back to them now and again when they're looking for letters etc. that you are still attending.

cheers, i did this today and what i had was all they needed as it turned out so it's all good.

Thanks again for the idea :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Mola85

I filled out all my BTEA forms and dropped them into the social welfare office. Once I had registered with the college online, I printed the form and headed to the SID place in the college where they stamped. I dropped it into the welfare office and then got called for an interview this morning....the interview seemed unnecessary tbh
    Anyway, I hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭MyNameIsMethos

How long has it taken people usually to get their reply regarding BTEA? Around what date did you originally apply Half Rhodesian?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Mola85

I reckon it will be a week at least....I guess it depends on the application and the details. Hope everyone gets what they need. This stress of money and funding on top of the nerves of going back to college

• Registered Users Posts: 19,010 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

How long has it taken people usually to get their reply regarding BTEA? Around what date did you originally apply Half Rhodesian?

Got my provisional approval letter yesterday but applied on 22nd August. Seems like a week and a couple of days.

i have not heard anything from them since i dropped in the proof of registration letter to the welfare office about a week and a half ago at this stage id say.

probably still being assessed i suppose and prob an almighty backlog, i still have heard nothing from susi about my grant either actually now come to think of it

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Drezden

I just got my provisional acceptance today even though I sent my application in five weeks ago. What are you guys sending back to them for the "details of course" they requested? I'm going to send my dates of course which I'll get next week, my confirmation of registration letter and I have another page with all my modules for the coming year, would this suffice for the details of course part?

Drezden wrote: »
    I just got my provisional acceptance today even though I sent my application in five weeks ago. What are you guys sending back to them for the "details of course" they requested? I'm going to send my dates of course which I'll get next week, my confirmation of registration letter and I have another page with all my modules for the coming year, would this suffice for the details of course part?

The letter states the documentation that is required.

You need to submit a letter from your college stating:-
    1. the course that you're attending,
    2. that you're registered,
    3. the start date and end date of the academic year.

The Student services dept of your college will be able to give you a letter. They are standard for them to issue. They know what the suss is. Call them and they will have it waiting on you.

It has to be original. No copies will be accepted.

• Advertisement

Will we receive a btea payment during the winter break between semesters?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,142 ✭✭✭ronano

Yes, you'll receive a payment from when it starts in September up until mid/end of may if i recall correctly.

Will we receive a btea payment during the winter break between semesters?

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 rml20131

Yeah you will get it from the date you start till your last day before summer holidays

Cheers guys. I just received my first payment today and I only got 149.50, I was expecting 160. According to the info below taken from the citizen's information website I could be getting up to a maximum of 160. Is there any reason why I'm getting deducted that 11.50? I'm 23 which means I'm subject to the following:

"Budget 2014
    From 1 January 2014 all new BTEA participants aged under 26 who were getting a reduced age-related Jobseeker’s Allowance payment, will get a maximum BTEA rate of €160 per week (any means participants have will be deducted from this rate). "

I genuinely can't understand why I'm not getting the 160. Anyone else in the same situation?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Yes! I'm 23 and only got €100 and I am really confused!

I've been reading welfare.ie and can't find any explanation, I have to try and get to my local office tomorrow after college

phasers wrote: »
    Yes! I'm 23 and only got €100 and I am really confused!

I've been reading welfare.ie and can't find any explanation, I have to try and get to my local office tomorrow after college

That's really strange, hopefully you get it sorted, your miles off. I assume you were on 144 for the job seekers before you went on btea, since your 23? I don't know about you but every cent will make a difference, so I'm definitely not letting this go. I won't get a chance to contact my local office until the weekend. Let me know how you get on!

That's really strange, hopefully you get it sorted, your miles off. I assume you were on 144 for the job seekers before you went on btea, since your 23? I don't know about you but every cent will make a difference, so I'm definitely not letting this go. I won't get a chance to contact my local office until the weekend. Let me know how you get on!

I will definitely! I'm in the same boat, I know it's not a lot extra but the extra few quid pays my bus fares to college and the like! Hopefully it was just an error since it was our first payments?

phasers wrote: »
    I will definitely! I'm in the same boat, I know it's not a lot extra but the extra few quid pays my bus fares to college and the like! Hopefully it was just an error since it was our first payments?

Yeah man, I know you mean, I've allocated all of that 160 for rent, bills etc, so hopefully you're right and it's just an error. I don't see why we wouldn't get the 160,we're all in similar circumstances since we all met the criteria for getting the btea. I don't see why you would get 100, I would get 149 and some other person may be getting 160, surely there's something wrong there.

Hey Phasers

I contacted my local social welfare and it turns out the only reason i received 149 was because my college started on a tuesday so I wasn't getting a full weeks payment. I will be getting the full 160 from next week onwards. Hope you get sorted, good luck.

• Advertisement

Thanks so much for posting Drezden, by the time I got to the office yesterday it was closed! Good to hear you got sorted!

Advertisement