Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opening ROI account from NI

Options
  • 26-08-2014 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi there,

I'm moving down to Dublin next week from Belfast. Am I eligible to open up a Euro account? If so, how long will it take? And is it possible to do it from Belfast?

Thanks

Kyle

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi kylef,

Thanks for contacting us on Boards and thank you for your interest in opening an account with us. 

Yes you can open a Euro account while you are in Belfast. Please see here to request a callback from our New Accounts team who will provide you with your new account details over the phone. You can also call them on 003531 4044 034 between the hours of 8am and 8pm Monday to Friday and 10am to 6pm on weekends.  

Once you have your new account details, you will then need to make an appointment in your branch in Dublin to complete the account opening process. Please provide a valid photo ID such as a passport, as well as proof of address such as a recent utility bill when you call into your branch. 

I hope this helps and please let us know if we can help you with any other query. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 11 kylef

Hi kylef,

Thanks for contacting us on Boards and thank you for your interest in opening an account with us. 

Yes you can open a Euro account while you are in Belfast. Please see here to request a callback from our New Accounts team who will provide you with your new account details over the phone. You can also call them on 003531 4044 034 between the hours of 8am and 8pm Monday to Friday and 10am to 6pm on weekends.  

Once you have your new account details, you will then need to make an appointment in your branch in Dublin to complete the account opening process. Please provide a valid photo ID such as a passport, as well as proof of address such as a recent utility bill when you call into your branch. 

I hope this helps and please let us know if we can help you with any other query. 

Thanks,
    Sarah
    Thanks Sarah - to confirm, can the proof of address be based in Belfast? I am only getting accommodation sorted this week - so no post yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi kylef,

Thanks for your reply. 

Generally, proof of an address in the Republic of Ireland is preferred when opening a Euro account. In this case, we would advise you to check with our account opening team and your preferred branch whether your proof of address will be sufficient. 

If there's anything else we can help with, please let us know. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement