Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garden World & Beech Tree Cafe NOT closing

Options
  • 26-08-2014 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭

Great news!

2rf7onp.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

That's great news!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Would someone please clarify 'Tearooms' for me. I don't see Beach Tree Cafe mentioned :confused: I know it says 'as before', but just want to query that item.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

astrofluff wrote: »
    Would someone please clarify 'Tearooms' for me. I don't see Beach Tree Cafe mentioned :confused: I know it says 'as before', but just want to query that item.
    Take a visit there Astro and see what you can find out factually. :D;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

I hope this is true... but I do sadly think that the Beech Tree Café is closing. They posted a photo up on their Facebook page today that was something along the lines of "Can't believe that we've only one month to go" or something.

I'm good friends with a couple of people working there and they have confirmed that the Beech Tree Café is indeed closing. Though probably a similar café will open in its stead. Hopefully they will retain the staff. It was a proper little gem of a place. My personal favourites from there were the breakfast-fry and the Corned beef sandwich on brown bread. De-lish.

Here's hoping the next café will be identical.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

I was up there today, the gardens looked fairly bare.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    I was up there today, the gardens looked fairly bare.

Same as past 5 years

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Apparently the lease is up and the owner is taking over the cafe and garden centre until its sold.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Cerco

I understand the Beech Tree was due to close on the 21st.
    Anybody know if it did close or was there a reprieve?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭poldebruin

Cerco wrote: »
    I understand the Beech Tree was due to close on the 21st.
    Anybody know if it did close or was there a reprieve?

They confirmed their last day on Facebook, and thanked their staff and customers, so it looks like it's closed for the time being unfortunately. A sad situation really for such a popular place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Cerco

poldebruin wrote: »
    They confirmed their last day on Facebook, and thanked their staff and customers, so it looks like it's closed for the time being unfortunately. A sad situation really for such a popular place.

A great pity indeed. Thanks for the update.

• Advertisement
Advertisement