Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ATM - Cannot process this transaction at this time

Options
  • 26-08-2014 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭

I've just gone to ATM to withdraw funds, checked balance and there are funds available but ATM gave error of "unable to process transaction at this time". Has anyone any idea why this might have happened?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Machine might not have had any cash left in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

it might be updating?
    It might have no money?
    It might be broken?
    It might not be able to communicate with the bank?
    etc,
    etc,
    etc,
    etc,
    Any amount of reasons...hence the vague message

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Snake

jonny24ie wrote: »
    Machine might not have had any cash left in it.

Or enough to cover the transaction

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Dia1988

I've just gone to ATM to withdraw funds, checked balance and there are funds available but ATM gave error of "unable to process transaction at this time". Has anyone any idea why this might have happened?

The Criminal Assets Bureau (CAB) probably have frozen your Bank accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭travellingbid

Thanks for the replies! Just found it bit strange - I do know that if it's out of cash it switches to OUT OF SERVICE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,437 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Thanks for the replies! Just found it bit strange - I do know that if it's out of cash it switches to OUT OF SERVICE

I don't think so. It can still handle non-cash transactions like balance enquiry, pay a bill etc. If the connection to the bank's IT centre goes down then it goes 'out of service'.

Advertisement