Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Somewhere quiet and free to work in City Centre

Options
  • 26-08-2014 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

I'm looking for somewhere quiet to get some work done during the day. Working from home is demoralizing plus it's so easy to procrastinate. I'm thinking of getting into a routine of "going to work" but in a library or somewhere similar.

What are city center libraries like? Are they noisy or is it possible to get 3-4 hours work done on a laptop? Is the WiFi any use?

A coffee shop would also work I guess - any recommendations aside from Starbucks?

Cheers! :)

- Dean

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭DLMA23

The Central library in the ILAC centre would be perfect for you

Wi-Fi is free & easily accessible, Microsoft Office/online databases available, self-service facility with photocopying/printing service & plenty of study space

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Accents on Stephens St (off Aungier St) is quite good for that. Free wifi, nice coffee and some snacks. No power though, so make sure the laptop is charged or bring a backup battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Fukuyama

DLMA23 wrote: »
    The Central library in the ILAC centre would be perfect for you

Wi-Fi is free & easily accessible, Microsoft Office/online databases available, self-service facility with photocopying/printing service & plenty of study space

I'll pop in tomorrow and see what it's like. I was told by someone that it's awfully noisy in there and junkies like to chill in there when it's raining... this was a couple of years though so maybe it's different now or they were bull5hitting me! :p:eek:

Advertisement