Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

springboard or training grant??

Options
  • 26-08-2014 2:30pm

my background is in education. worked in childcare for 5 years with my bsc which was not childcare specific.

i am now out of work for nine months and have been accepted onto a springboard course, i am still looking for work and continuing to meet the eligabilty criteria for being on springboard.

I am wondering however if i would be better off trying to get a training allowance to fund specific childcare training as i know i can get work in this field with the special childcare training.

I feel quite stuck as i just want to work but cant afford to fund training on my jobseekers allowance and i know that there are childcare jobs out that would get me out of this financial hole and back into work.

any advice would be greatly appreaciated

Advertisement