Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taxi to Electric Picnic - any recommendations

• 26-08-2014 3:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭

Staying in Carlow (too old for camping) and hoping to get a decent price for a Taxi to Stradbally and more importantly someone who'll pick us up at 2/3/4 in the morning to bring us back to our B&B.

Any recommendations?

We might just get the Bus Éireann bus over depending on price but getting back is the main worry as I'd expect most Taxis will only want to go to Portlaoise as it will be quicker to get back.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Staying in Carlow (too old for camping) and hoping to get a decent price for a Taxi to Stradbally and more importantly someone who'll pick us up at 2/3/4 in the morning to bring us back to our B&B.

Any recommendations?

We might just get the Bus Éireann bus over depending on price but getting back is the main worry as I'd expect most Taxis will only want to go to Portlaoise as it will be quicker to get back.

Ring up Bridge Cabs or Carlow Cabs and see if you can pre-arrange a price. I wouldn't limit it to them but the two I can think of right now.

Worth a few calls anyway. One of them might even have a minivan doing it already and spaces to fill . . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

There is usually a shuttle bus to/from Portlaoise and taxis are got to/from there. Bus Éireann have the 73 bus and JJ kavanaghs also have a bus to stradbally and Portlaoise in the afternoons.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Well, how'd ye get on/ :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2 carlowpeps

trying to find out a bit about bridge cabs Carlow my daughter travelled with them Saturday night found him a bit crude not in Carlow long so first time using them thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1 thombo

carlowpeps wrote: »
    trying to find out a bit about bridge cabs Carlow my daughter travelled with them Saturday night found him a bit crude not in Carlow long so first time using them thanks

Can you ring me tom byrne i own bridgecabs *mod snip* use pm to share phone numbers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 carlowpeps

ill get my husband to ring when he gets in hes waiting on a few people to get back to him thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

carlowpeps wrote: »

I've travelled with Bridge Cabs for the last number of years and I have had no complaints. They are punctual to a fault. If you are told ten minutes they are usually dead on. Rarely it might be no more than 2-5 mins out, which is incredibly important to me especially if I'm leaving friends and heading home on my own after a night out.

Tom (who I see has tried to contact you - I'm guessing it was he who left your daughter home) is what I'd call a character and a typical taxi man who has a very individual take on the world around us. What is less usual is that he's not afraid to voice his opinions. I have never found him or any of his staff crude, rude or abusive.

His regulars are used to and expect the banter and it is a testament to the client relationship that the same people continue to use the service to such an extent that he knows them by name when they call. It is in my experience that Tom is a consummate gentleman and your daughter could not be in safer hands on the way home.

I'd like to add that apart from being a regular passenger I am in no way affiliated to the Bridge Cabs.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement