Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waste Management Act 1996?

Options
  • 26-08-2014 3:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

Hi,

Hope this is the right forum but I live in Cork city and have just received a letter from South Dublin County Council asking me to confirm if I am still the owner of my car within 14 days to the Enforcement & Licensing Division.

Anyone know what this is about? Last time I drove to Dublin was like for a day in June and I used on street parking so I'm not sure how Dublin county council is concerned with what ever the actual issue is?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Call them and ask? I presume you paid for your parking?

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭poker2k9

TheChizler wrote: »
    Call them and ask? I presume you paid for your parking?

will do in the morning. Just thought to check here 1st. If it was related to parking, i would have been expecting a letter from cork city council? I Park in my driveway.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭SandStone

But you just said you parked on-street in Dublin last time you were there. Or did you mean off-street?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

poker2k9 wrote: »
    Hi,

Hope this is the right forum but I live in Cork city and have just received a letter from South Dublin County Council asking me to confirm if I am still the owner of my car within 14 days to the Enforcement & Licensing Division.

Anyone know what this is about? Last time I drove to Dublin was like for a day in June and I used on street parking so I'm not sure how Dublin county council is concerned with what ever the actual issue is?

Did you perhaps, throw any litter out of the vehicle, cigarette butt? One imagines that would be covered by that act.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Is it an older car? Maybe someone's been driving a 'ringer' of your car in Dublin that's been abandoned somewhere? Have you double checked it's not actually an old car of yours that maybe the buyer didn't send the change of ownership form for?

I'd be more inclined to post, or have this moved to the Motors forum...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

If its litter they would be quoting the litter regs (1997?) rather than the Waste management act. this is usually for "bigger" stuff like an abandoned car

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭poker2k9

Got some info and it had to do with the old license plate found in waste that was dumped somewhere in Dublin.

Nothing to do with me so I've passed the previous owners details hopefully that will suffice :)

Advertisement