Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visa Debit card - maximum payment

Options
  • 26-08-2014 4:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,
    I recently received a Visa Debit card and I was wondering if there is a limit on how much you can spend on a single transaction or does it just depend on how much you have in your account? If it's a problem, I can look at paying by EFT.
    Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi Benny_Cake, 

Thank you for your post today.

There is no limit on the amount you may use on your Visa Debit card for any single purchase. It is possible to make a purchase for the full value of funds available in your account. 

Prior to making a large purchase, we would always suggest that you contact the retailer, as they may apply their own floor limits on card purchases. 

We hope this helps and if we can assist you with anything else, please don't hesitate to contact us again. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine 

Advertisement