Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TG4 Autumn - Winter 2014/2015

Options
  • 26-08-2014 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

TG4 has revealed its schedule for Autumn/Winter 2014

TG4 has revealed its new season today. The channel will continue to dedicate its commitment with groundbreaking stories on Fiorscéal and Nuacht TG4. The channel has also announced another season of its critically acclaimed Corp+Anam and new series An Bronntanas.

For non-Irish speakers the channel has secured the rights to Scandanvian drama series The Bridge, New Zealand based drama Top of The Lake among other drama series. TG4 will also bring you weekly films, sporting events and kids programming on Cula 4.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Taxburden carrier

Another quango that we cannot afford.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

What??

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭irishmusicfeed

A quango that supports minority rights. ;)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

The political talk can be taken elsewhere or the thread will be closed. Concentrate on the merits or demerits of the actual programming

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭PacMan

I cannot speak a word of Irish, but often watch shows on TG4.
    Enjoy the "Old" films/docs from long ago, and yes they are sub titled, but TG4 is the only station that shows these type of show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭galtee boy

Excellent station, considering its budget etc. Just a shame there is no mention of going HD on either Saorview or Sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

TG4 is a brilliant station to watch that to it's credit has made great programmes over the years. The stuff that I would watch now would be the rugby coverage and various recent transport documentary series.

I used to watch when Hudaí the troll (Hugo) every weekend for a few years during the late 90's. I loved every minute of the Irish Interpretation of that trolls accent including the laugh, which was a strange one to say the least.

The only thing that I was afraid of as a child was that witch Scylla as she was one scary little b***h of a woman.

Oh and I apologise for the coarse language :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭PacMan

galtee boy wrote: »
    Excellent station, considering its budget etc. Just a shame there is no mention of going HD on either Saorview or Sky.

agreed, its a pity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Onthe3rdDay

For non-Irish speakers the channel has secured the rights to Scandanvian drama series The Bridge, New Zealand based drama Top of The Lake among other drama series. TG4 will also bring you weekly films, sporting events and kids programming on Cula 4.

I think Irish Language speakers will be able to watch these shows as well:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭FRIENDO

Looking forward to TG4, one of my favourite stations.
    Great Irish programmes about Peadar O Donnell and Bernadette in the past, I also loved watching True Blood, unfortunately True Blood was on very late in the evening 12:10am approx.

• Advertisement
Advertisement