Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1st Attempt During Repeat Exams

Options
  • 26-08-2014 4:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi guys,

This May due to medical illness I was unable to sit my exams.This was approved by my school (CBS) and I am currently sitting all of my exams.7 in total.Despite studying over the summer today's exam feels like it went badly. I'm worried now that if I have failed this they won't allow me into third year. I have 4 more exams left and am determined to do well in them. I just don't want it to be for nothing and be told that I have to repeat all of Semester 2 of 2nd year.

I was told that my exams would be considered my first attempt.Anyone know what would happen if the worst came to worst.I was going into this exam with 23/40% so is compensation even an option here if I did do badly?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,718 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Roniboney wrote: »
    Hi guys,

This May due to medical illness I was unable to sit my exams.This was approved by my school (CBS) and I am currently sitting all of my exams.7 in total.Despite studying over the summer today's exam feels like it went badly. I'm worried now that if I have failed this they won't allow me into third year. I have 4 more exams left and am determined to do well in them. I just don't want it to be for nothing and be told that I have to repeat all of Semester 2 of 2nd year.

I was told that my exams would be considered my first attempt.Anyone know what would happen if the worst came to worst.I was going into this exam with 23/40% so is compensation even an option here if I did do badly?

Cheers

If you fail they will make you repeat whatever module again. I know how it feels, just wasted a year of my life.

For repeat exams I think once you get 36% they will pass you into the next year. I know yours are considered first attempt but think the 36% rule will apply as they are technically repeats.

You continuous assessment should be part of the overall result as its first time round.

I think you will be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭RoebuckWilson

I was in the same boat this year too, but I asked and was told that I can technically repeat. So don't panic - you were sitting as first attempt. Fire off an email to set your head right to the college, once you do, put it out of your mind til the rest are over!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

My advice would be get the head down and make sure you do well in the rest. It's ridiculous to be worrying and stressing over a paper you haven't even got a result in yet.

Advertisement