Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair Deal / Nursing Homes Support Scheme Consultant or Advisor

• 26-08-2014 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭

Hi all,

My family are going through the process of putting my mam into a nursing him. She is disabled and in her seventies.

Is there a consultant out there to advise the family on the best path forward in regards application.

My dad has some savings but a farm of Asset's. He does not farm anymore nor receive payment on lands. No land has been transferred to sons yet either...... should he immediately do this??

Please help if you know someone that can assess us professionally and get the best outcome from the HSE for my family and mam.

Regards
    Gilroy

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 472 ✭✭janmaree

Hi Gilroy, I'm so sorry for all the stress that you and your family are under at the moment. It's little comfort to hear that you are not alone facing this situation but it's the sad reality. If you look down the list of threads in "Carers & Caring" you will see "Fair Deal" and on that thread there is a post from CloneDreamer who very kindly offered to share knowledge of the scheme by private message with anyone who had questions. You never know, perhaps you will get some helpful pointers? In any event, I wish you all the best, it's a tough time for you and your family.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Gilroy

The home loan section of the Fair deal scheme is what im looking at now. How does that work? 7.5% and capped at 3 years I read somewhere?

Advertisement