Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Boards Hardcore Championship Tournament (24/7 Rules apply!)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Landslide victory ahead for Mankind. The guy epitomised hardcore wrestling.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Mankind. MSP got my vote last round more by default cause I remembered nothing of Bulldog as a champion. Foley is a man with a better hardcore pedigree, so he wins easy in my eyes.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,460 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Mankind, inaugural champ. Epitomised hardcore with AND without the title.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Omackeral wrote: »
    Can you just add a reason Mac, it's part of Round 2 pal.

Done.. Forgot that part

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Mankind ---- the man epitomises hardcore, helped establish the whole genre while also giving other wrestlers he worked with some hardcore tough credibility

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Mrs Foley's baby boy steamrolls into the next round at the expense of the Greenwich rich boys in an unsurprising result. The following match is gonna make a few people smile I think...

Kane

''The Big Red Machine gets extreme''

kanewwfhardcoretitle.jpg

vs

Raven

''Quote the Raven, I'm Hardcore''

wwfhc9.jpg

These two mixed it up on the Grandest Stage of Them All for the battered belt in the most memorable outing the Hardcore Title ever got at WrestleMania, in my opinion. Here's a reminder...

1609626_745655065445213_581635301_n.jpg

Going too go with Raven. Thought the hardcore division was allways better with him in it! Allways an interesting character too

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Kane. He may have just had one reign with the belt, but he won it on the grand stage, and he won it facing his opponent in this round. I don't expect him to get through, but like hell I'd vote against him.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,372 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Raven - I would associate him more with the title that Kane

Raven - simply, a better hardcore champion than Kane.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Concannon7

Raven he just suied the Hardcore title more than Kane.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Although I had a lot of love for Kane in this era, I just gotta go with Raven. Hard-core and Raven go hand in hand. It's hard to picture him heading to the ring without a trashcan full of weapons

Kane bows out in a respectable showing against the former ECW Champion in a good match. Next up we have two wrestling 'families' going head to head. Check it out.

Crash Holly

''The Houdini of Hardcore''

7668899_orig.jpg

vs

Shane McMahon

''A Fall From Grace''

46_Shane_McMahon_1.jpg

Having never crossed paths in the ring, this is a fresh match up. Crash is well known for his crazy antics but don't count out Shane either. He's a tough cookie as evidenced here....

tumblr_mfidlajx1I1qdkrl2o1_500.png

Going too go with Crash Holly. When ever you see him sneaking around with a ref in two you knew he was upto no good and he made the 24/7 rule great!

Although Crash was great fun and all, and invented the 24/7 rule, I still have to go for Shane. More Hard-core and OMG moments that are more memorable than anything Crash achieved

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Shane McMahon for me. Some of the bumps he took were incredible. Big Show, Kurt Angle, Steve Blackman. Awesome moments.

Crash just about edges it for me. He embodied the erratic, and often absurd, hardcore title.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Sin Eater

I think these two perfectly embody the two sides of the hardcore title. Crash you have the silly, manic, wacky nature of it, and in Shane O Mac you got the hardcore anything goes. My vote is for Crash, when I think of the hardcore title, I think of that little guy.

Crash, innovater of the 24/7 rule, full of charisma and really deserved more in his time with WWE.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

My vote is for Crash, that bit in the kids play area is usually the first thing I think of when someone mentions the hardcore title

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Shane. I remember his matches more then I remember Crash's. Shane had epic moment after epic moment.

Shane crashes out at the hands of Mr 24/7 in the best contested match to date. Shane O'Mac certainly does have a cult following among online fans. Bidding for a quarter final spot next we have....

The Hurricane

''Wasssssupwitdat?!?!''

the-hurricane.jpg

vs

Al Snow

''What does everybody want?!''

16.jpg

These two men have competed for the 'prestigious' Hardcore title in its first appearance and last appearance at WrestleMania. Snow was involved in an Attitude Era triple threat at WM 15 while the Hurricane was part of a night long series of memorable skits at WrestleMania 18. Here's a pic of our combatants with some blonde chick, who may or may not have gotten hardcore herself.

BYqQfUNIYAAVm6d.jpg

Have AL for this one. Again, I feel he's more psynomonous with the title than Shane

Al Snow here. Once again not for really any other reason than he was a more memorable hardcore champ than Hurricane. Let's not forget the 'Kennel of Hell' debacle though...

Al Snow was hardcore and practically got him self over ill go with him!

I'm gonna vote for Al Snow. Thought he was bonkers and played the hardcore character really well, loved that bowling ball spot he used to do. The auld 7-10 split. Thought the mangled title belt suited him really well also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Al snow for his more memorable reign.... Once again the fight in the Mississippi River will also be a memorable moment to me.... Plus the JOB squad was awesome as was Head!

Al Snow finally gets through with a little help from Head. Next up is a battle between two tough S.O.B.'s who take no prisoners. Well, one of them does, actually...

The Bossman

''You're Fixin' to Serve Some Hardcore Time!''

tumblr_mlgfe3WXMb1rkf4k0o1_250.jpg

vs

Steve Blackman

''Now comes with a bag of tricks''

06.jpg

It's Nightstick vs Kendo Stick. It's Martial Law vs Martial Arts. It's two double tough boys doing what do they do best. Here's a match between them for the Hardcore Title from Poughkeepsie, New York. Enjoy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

this was very tough but im going for steve blackman. his theme music was even awesome

• Advertisement

Going too go with Blackman here he was lethal in the ring and the martial arts style suited the hardcore division

Advertisement