Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Boards Hardcore Championship Tournament (24/7 Rules apply!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86,374 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Gotta be the lethal weapon Steve Blackman, very entertaining champion and more synonymous with the title

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I'm gonna give the Bossman a vote here. Felt he was winding down but that this style suited him so well. The whole enforcer thing with his SWAT gear looked awesome and he just seemed quite bad ass. He's also the second longest number of days with the title at 154 days spread over 4 reigns.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

Blackman just edges it for me. Loved his bag of tricks. Hardcore suited him. Wwf/e could have got more mileage from it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Blackman. Much better in ring performer, and had some great matches in the hardcore division

The Lethal Weapon Steve Blackman gets by the Corporate enforcer 5-1. There is one last place up for grabs in the quarter finals. Let's see who will claim it.

Hardcore Holly

"How Do Ya Like Me Now?"

q5wUgz4MYKjdSc6JUpjPdAfRINcF8g0nZg8QA5gH9KaQEgT2IrS84DESoaLIUGM_iGOL77h2huGDO66dSCY0QiKRti3DivR1-9M3P1mNUgAo7eSdZTpnVcHxotZj-M3L-Tak5-3PEH49MylFXvqdxdg=w642-h361-nc

Vs

Rhyno

"Hardcore....Core....Core!!!"

mD-fZWqWDno7PxF2th1gFKtQivz56OPJ6LncdP1wwFWqDtot20mu1DSsdgZnRv4GgxFDYwGZMpx_WjPoyVb3QPtkAGcNAWhr6ugKuDfOm4ZDXsC-aVS1h09KIVKcCXDTm5qvzWc06sSnWcwWzpVxO9gF=w482-h542-nc

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Gotta be Hardcore Holly. The man actually became relevant and got over after he dropped the spark plug bit and went hardcore. Had some great matchs in the division too

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Sin Eater

Hardcore Holly, for pretty much the same reasons as MRMac, the title made him relevant, and also I'd say he helped make the title relevant. With men like Holly involved in the chase for the title it easily outshone the European title for a time.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Loved Rhyno, looked like a legit killer... However, can't pass over old Sparky Plugg. Hardcore Holly wins for me hands down. He's named after the belt and all (I know he's not, but still)

Rhyno excited me a little bit more tbh. His gore and doing it through tables was savage. His match vs Raven at Backlash 2001 is a classic in my mind. Rhyno gets my vote

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Concannon7

Rhyno just because his gore looked awesome.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

hardcore holly gets my vote always enjoyed seeing him with the belt and his rivalry with al snow

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,460 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Rhyno, pretty much all of my reasoning is stated above. Just suits the hardcore championship.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,165 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Hardcore Holly, was a far more prominent part of the hardcore title scene when it was at it's best.

Never really liked Rhyno. The gore was good. But that's it for me.

Holly wins

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Holly, I have more memories of him with the title. He's the hardcore one after all :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Before he became that bland old guy that lasted waaaay longer than he should have Hardcore Holly and the Holly family were wholly entertaining.

Holly for me, I remember more his matches and his name is Hardcore :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

Hardcore Holly for me, his best tenure in the company was when he was Hardcore Champion.

I can't even remember Rhyno's reign as Hardcore champion other than his match at Backlash 2001.

We have our list of quarter finalists for the PW Boards Hardcore Tournament. They are;
    Undertaker

Mankind

Rob Van Dam

Crash Holly

Al Snow

Raven

Steve Blackman

Hardcore Holly

For this section of the tourney we are going to invoke the 24/7 Rule. So the title can change hands an infinite number of times (just like the real strap) until a 5 Hour time limit expires.

-Each poster may post as many times as they like but not twice in a row.
    -Clearly state who is winning the title. For fun, add in how they're winning.
    -The winner will be the last man holding the title before the buzzer expires.

1/4 Final Match- Time Limit 21:50

Al Snow

''What does everybody want?!?''

AlSnow1-2_display_image.jpg

vs

Raven

''Quote the Raven, I'm Hardcore''

wwfhc9.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 33,165 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Al Snow. As well as being able to go just as well as Raven in a hardcore match, he also had the entertainment factor that Raven never did.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Raven is the original hardcore wrestler for me , Raven had an excellent ring psycology and storytelling, He probably didn't get a proper run in the WWE but anytime he was on screen loved it , Al Snow on the other hand was Attitude Eras Santino if i'm been honest a pure comedy worker

• Advertisement

Al show gets my vote some cracking and bizzare hardcore matches during the attitude era

Have respect for lads who get themselfs over so Al snow!

At the minute Al Snow is in the drivers seat. Im gonna put Raven over him with a shopping trolley shot to the head, no pun intended. Remeber lads, you can vote as much as you like. Last man standing wins...

Just to reiterate, it's not most votes goes through, it's last man to be voted for before the time expires. So vote as much as you like. Reasons aren't exactly important if you're voting more than once!

Al snow with head for the win!

I'll give it to Raven, he had the most reigns

The sexy pony tailed beast that is al snow

Raven with a raven effect on a stop sign!

And there is the nature of the beast of the 24/7 rule. Snow dominates but the opportunistic Raven is the last man standing with a half hour to go and flows into the Semi Final! Next up to battle through the night....

1/4 Final Match*- Time Limit 03:49

Hardcore Holly

''How Do Ya Like Me Now?!''

061_WWE-ENCYCLOPEDIA-3824.jpg

vs

Mankind

''Have a Nice Day :) ''

MankindTuxedoTitle.jpg

*24/7 rules are in effect. Last man to gain a win progresses. You may vote as many times as you like.

Mankind with the mandible claw for an early submission victory

• Advertisement

Hardcore Holly after dipping Mankind into the Mississippi River and rolling him up in chain-length fencing for the pin on the bank.

Advertisement