Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Boards Hardcore Championship Tournament (24/7 Rules apply!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Raven and Miss's Foleys baby boy! raven and his shopping trolly full of goodies and foley for losen half his ear in a match he still finished

Feel sorry for crash tho...

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Vision of Disorder

Raven and Foley.

I honestly think Raven is one of the most under-rated wrestlers I've ever seen. Foley made the whole division relevant. They're the first two guys I think of when I think of the title too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Foley and RVD.

Mick is the Hardcore legend after all!

And RVD for me, just because I enjoy watching him more than Raven

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I'm going for Mankind over Crash Holly. Crash was great and all and I did enjoy his 24/7 schtick but I feel it did somewhat take away the Hardcore bad ass vibe that went with it as brought on the zany comedic stuff. I preferred the idea of a title fitting Mankind being fought for by others who have fcuk all else to lose and just are looking to make a name for themselves.

The second match is a lot harder for me. I really enjoyed both guys. Im gonna go for RVD over Raven though. Van Dam, at the time, was as hot as anyone else in the world. He brought a total legitimacy to the title that would never be seen again. Just think of his matches with Jeff Hardy and Undertaker. They could sit nicely as semi main events on PPV's. He wa very exciting in 2001 and when his music hit, I'd always pop. Raven narrowly missed out here and I would've voted him over The other two.

Anyway, Mankind and Rob Van Dam get my vote.

Just a friendly bump in case anybody else would like to cast their vote in the semi final..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Don't think he has a chance but that never stopped him before... Crash over Foley!

Mick is a hardcore legend but for me that is more for his fighting style than being a hc title holder. Crash though I think of immediately once I think of that strap espwhen 24/7 is cconcerned.

Raven over rvd for me too and perhaps for the same reason. With Raven I think hc title while RCD equals ic or undisputed

A controversial finish to the semifinal when the votes are tallied up. Tune in tomorrow for the final where we set the record straight and crown your ultimate PW Boards Hardcore Champion.

And so we arrive at our final. The winner will be the man who has the most nominations after 24 hours. As two of the three finalists received an equal amount of votes, the final shall be contested under Triple Threat rules. This is somewhat fitting seen as the hardcore Title has been defended in this type of match not once, but twice, on the Grandest Stage of Them All. Firstly, in it's debut appearance at WrestleMania XV and then rather famously at WrestleMania X-Seven.

Before you have your say and pick our overall champion, please enjoy the Top 10 moments in Hardcore History as chosen by WWE Countdown.

PW Boards Hardcore Tournament Final

Mankind

''Have a Nice Day :) "

MankindTuxedoTitle.jpg

vs

Raven

''Quote the Raven, ''I'm Hardcore''

wwfhc9.jpg

vs

Rob Van Dam

''The Whole F'N Show''

16.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 86,369 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Going for Foley and Raven, both hardcore legends imo

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Vision of Disorder

Raven for me. Foley probably has the best case but I always marked out for Raven and am going to vote for him regardless. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Raven will take it for me. He wasn't just a hardcore wrestler but a great character. One of the best going. He stands out to me more too

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Going for Foley and Raven, both hardcore legends imo

It's a Triple Threat Liz, so just just one fall to a finish... Who's it gonna be?!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 86,369 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Omackeral wrote: »
    It's a Triple Threat Liz, so just just one fall to a finish... Who's it gonna be?!:D

Sorry Raven has to be Foley

• Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Foley! Foley! Foley!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Foley is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Raven. Massively under-rated character and the feud with CM Punk is legendary for me. He had good matches too and some pretty brutal ones.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I'm backing the Whole F'n Show, RVD. Last official Hardcore Champion (Foley and Edge declaring themselves co-Hardcore champion doesn't count :P ). I thought he had some great matches for the title, his feud with Taker was memorable, likewise for his feud with Jeff. So yeah, RVD for me, but I won't really be upset at any of these three winning.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Zemuppet

All three deserve to win, but there must be a winner. Raven had some great matches in the hardcore division while RVD brought some much needed credability to the title with some great fueds with Hardy and Taker.

But my choice goes to Mrs Foley's baby boy, Mankind/Cactus Jack/Dude Love. There was a reason Foley was given that title, was due to his ability to put on a great match under hardcore rules. Not the best technically or most pleasing to the eye, Foley is the King of Hardcore.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Has to be Foley for me. Definately more hardcore than the other 2 guys. He's been in every type of crazy match imaginable, and lost more blood and body parts than the rest so ya, Mick all the way!

Big thanks to Omackeral for running this thread the past while. Great fun again!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I'm gonna go with rvd the other 2 had great careers but I think rvd did the most with the hardcore title

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Just click like if you want too see Foley win THEIR world title ,

That'll put bums In seats right??

Ms foleys baby boy for me!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Raven I'm glad made the final underated in my many circles but not here it would seem. Now I hope he takes the crown.

Foley I would have second but I'm not voting for who got their ear ripped off in Munich or wrestled like the hardcore legend in ECW but instead for a hardcore champion and while it was fitting he was awarded the title like crash holly Raven just equals the hardcore title for me.

RVD was great and yes like Foley an ECW legend but winner....Noah I'm voting for crash holly and Steve Blackman! I mean Raven :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,460 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Gotta be Foley for me, for reasons already stated!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Raven. Was hoping Crash would win the whole thing because he instantly comes to mind when I think of the title before anyone else.

Don't get me wrong, I love Mick, however we are voting for the best hardcore champion, not the best hardcore wrestler. Raven had a more memorable run with the belt whilest Foley had bigger and better runs with better titles. I don't think of the belt when I think of Foley, and would argue that he shouldn't have made it further than than the quarter finals. Raven and RVD however instantly make me think of the belt. RVD for that match with Jeff, and Raven for his run. Since I think a run outweighs a single match, I'm going with Raven.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

I'm doin this for the micker! Without him and his contributions there would be no hardcore division for a title to be contested. When I think of hardcore I think of mick.

God this thread makes me sad as I miss this division so much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Mrs Foley babys boy gets my vote. The definition of hardcore

I really think it's hard to decide between all 3 of these boys. Each of them brought something unique to it. Foley was the pioneer, Van Dam took it to the next level and legitimised it and Raven was the man who embodied it. I popped for each one of them coming out at the time. RVD was cool, Foley was demented and Raven was a mix of the two.

I'm going for Raven and his shopping cart.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Im going for Raven too. His reign was my favourite of any wrestlers with the belt and was so underrated.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Foley was the best hardcore wrestler of all time imo but he just wasn't really involved with the belt.

RobVamDam for me, he had some great fueds involving the title that still stand out to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Raven was no doubt a more memorable hardcore champ (his royal rumble and wrestlemania moments as hardcore champion) but I'll give my vote Foley The story of and origin of the hardcore title was unique and based complete around Mankind.

Advertisement