Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Horizon streaming issue

• 26-08-2014 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi,

The past two weeks internet on my Horizon has been spotty. At times gmail or netflix would not load. I tried multiple web browsers, and they all said "DNS Host Issue". Basically, it was unable to resolve the host.

After today's broadband outage on Horizon boxes (26/08/2014), I am no longer able to stream to my Google Chromecast that is plugged into my tv. Specifically, I cannot watch netflix on the chromecast. I am also having on and off issues with netflix on my various computers around the house - Sometimes I have to refresh the page multiple times before it loads. I believe this is the same DNS issue that has yet to be resolved properly. The chromecast works with other streaming such as web page streams and music streaming, so the device is not broken. The issue must be on UPS's end.

And yes, I have restarted my Horizon box multiple times, and the chromecast. I have also released my WAN IP and renewed it from the UPC WebApp site (192.168.192.1/).

What should I do!?!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Eamo71

The past few days there have been some repairs going on and it affected my netflix - broadband, DNS etc... everything seems ok now.
    I've had continuous problems with streaming. I stopped using the horizon box and switched to my PS3 - no probs at all. PS3 conked out returned to Horizon and was back in the very spotty streaming experience. Has anyone got any suggestions? Is there a better medium than twonky?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 gred2222

I am a upc horizon customer. Quite happy with everything. Just am unable to change the wifi channnel on the box. I have found directions ie go to settings, then home network settings, but i do not have the "wifi settings" option on that menu. It jus comes up saying a few things including "wifi2.4g status". Cant find any option to change the wifi channel. Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

while your question has nothing at all to do with the thread the info on how to change the wifi channel is not correct anymore as the menu has changed since the update recently. You can no longer do it from the on screen menu.

To change the wifi channel goto a web browser and type in http://192.168.192.1
    user admin
    pass admin

The setting is under the Wireless Tab at the top

Advertisement