Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much will it cost for a bank transfer with Ulster Bank?

Options
  • 26-08-2014 6:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hi

I need to transfer £20 from my ulster bank account to somebody in the UK, I have never sent a bank transfer before and was wondering how much it will cost?

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

Do you mean 20 euro into a UK account, or 20 pound from a nothern irish account to a UK account?

euro to the UK will cost you a few quid, paypal might be a better option
    Northern Irl to the UK will be free with most banks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭aidole

20 pound from my Irish account to a UK account, so will I need to change it from Euro to Sterling first? I always use paypal but this person doesn't have paypal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

aidole wrote: »
    20 pound from my Irish account to a UK account, so will I need to change it from Euro to Sterling first? I always use paypal but this person doesn't have paypal.

for such a low amount you might consider just putting cash in an envelope and posting it by reg post? If you try get a bank to do it, the costs might not make it worthwhile..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,224 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

You could have a look at transferwise.com, they will charge you 1€ fee for that amount.

You pay them to their estonian or german bank account (which is free as it's a SEPA transfer) and once they get the money (usualy next day) they pay it to the £ account of the receiver, so in theory he should have it friday.

You can also use your Ulster bank Debit card to pay the € amount, so it's even faster (plus you don't need to do a SPEA transfer).

You can specify that the receiver should get 20£ so there is no additonal cost for him or you.

There are also other services like this but I think most have a 100€ minium required.

I have used transferwise before and was very happy with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

You could have a look at transferwise.com, they will charge you 1€ fee for that amount.

You pay them to their estonian or german bank account (which is free as it's a SEPA transfer) and once they get the money (usualy next day) they pay it to the £ account of the receiver, so in theory he should have it friday.

You can also use your Ulster bank Debit card to pay the € amount, so it's even faster (plus you don't need to do a SPEA transfer).

You can specify that the receiver should get 20£ so there is no additonal cost for him or you.

There are also other services like this but I think most have a 100€ minium required.

I have used transferwise before and was very happy with them.

I can also recommend transferwise - note that your first transfer may be free and they will give you an initial Euro amount for the transfer which is more than they will need to purchase the £20. The final price depends on the spot rate when they receive your money. Any surplus is then refunded to your originating account.

• Advertisement
Advertisement