Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rotherham child sex ring

• 26-08-2014 7:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

10.11 She described a particular case that was 'the final straw'. In 2001, a young girl who had been repeatedly raped had tried to escape her perpetrators but was terrified of reprisals. They had allegedly put all the windows in at the parental home and broken both of her brother's legs 'to send a message'. At that point, the child agreed to make a complaint to the Police. The researcher took her to the police station office where she would be interviewed in advance in order to familiarise her with the place and the officer who would be conducting the interview. Whilst there, the girl received a text from the main perpetrator. He had with him her 11-year old sister. He said repeatedly to her 'your choice…'. The girl did not proceed with the complaint. She disengaged from the pilot and project and is quoted by the researcher as saying 'you can't protect me'. This incident raised questions about how the perpetrator knew where the young woman was and what she was doing."

5.9 In two of the cases we read, fathers tracked down their daughters and tried to remove them from houses where they were being abused, only to be arrested themselves when police were called to the scene. In a small number of cases (which have already received media attention) the victims were arrested for offences such as breach of the peace or being drunk and disorderly, with no action taken against the perpetrators of rape and sexual assault against children."

This is just sickoning PC brigade hang your head in shame at this one.

http://m.bbc.com/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-28939089

Shocked and dumbfounded on this one.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭The Peanut

Dear Christ. Death is too good for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Hootanany wrote: »
    PC brigade hang your head in shame at this one.

What?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

PC brigade hang your head in shame at this one.

The hell does that have to do with anything? :confused:

Jesus, some people would shoe-horn their axe grinding into anything, THANKS OBAMA :rolleyes:

Do you think the PC in PC brigade stands for Police Constable?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Read the link

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

After Rochdale its the police and social services hands are almost tied behind their back in cases like this.

Very disturbing and sickening reports coming out of Rotheram.

It will be interesting to see where this ends.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭fatknacker

I don't understand this story. Where were the 1,400 children from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Candie wrote: »
    Do you think the PC in PC brigade stands for Police Constable?

He sounds like a sidekick in a kids cartoon about bumbling cops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I think what the OP means is that apparently, the police didn't do much as they were afraid of being labelled as racist. Clearly if the police hadn't been so concerned about accusations of racism action might have been taken much sooner.

The usual "fear of racism" bull**** excuse. The cops covered up and ignored crimes for reasons that we can only speculate on. They'd prefer to claim they were afraid of being accused of racism rather than the truth that would likely lead to them all losing their jobs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

He sounds like a sidekick in a kids cartoon about bumbling cops.

"By far the majority of perpetrators were described as Asian by victims." But, she said, councillors seemed to think is was a one-off problem they hoped would go away and "several staff described their nervousness about identifying the ethnic origins of perpetrators for fear of being thought racist".

PC BRIGADE STRIKES AGAIN.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,711 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

10.11 She described a particular case that was 'the final straw'. In 2001, a young girl who had been repeatedly raped had tried to escape her perpetrators but was terrified of reprisals. They had allegedly put all the windows in at the parental home and broken both of her brother's legs 'to send a message'. At that point, the child agreed to make a complaint to the Police. The researcher took her to the police station office where she would be interviewed in advance in order to familiarise her with the place and the officer who would be conducting the interview. Whilst there, the girl received a text from the main perpetrator. He had with him her 11-year old sister. He said repeatedly to her 'your choice…'. The girl did not proceed with the complaint. She disengaged from the pilot and project and is quoted by the researcher as saying 'you can't protect me'. This incident raised questions about how the perpetrator knew where the young woman was and what she was doing."

5.9 In two of the cases we read, fathers tracked down their daughters and tried to remove them from houses where they were being abused, only to be arrested themselves when police were called to the scene. In a small number of cases (which have already received media attention) the victims were arrested for offences such as breach of the peace or being drunk and disorderly, with no action taken against the perpetrators of rape and sexual assault against children."

http://m.bbc.com/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-28939089

Shocked and dumbfounded on this one.

How do you know the Police Constable was called Brigade? Doesn't say it in the article?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Yeah unfortunately the fear of being called racist have caused the UK police to turn a blind eye to these pedo rings for a very long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭fatknacker

Maybe it was PC Briget? I hear she's a demon in the sack.

"By far the majority of perpetrators were described as Asian by victims." But, she said, councillors seemed to think is was a one-off problem they hoped would go away and "several staff described their nervousness about identifying the ethnic origins of perpetrators for fear of being thought racist".

PC BRIGADE STRIKES AGAIN.
    1400 kids was a one-off?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

Rotherham's a shít hole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Donkey Oaty

We get to hate Asians, the police, the UK government, Yorkshire local government, the PC Brigade and paedophiles in the same story.

Something for everyone there.

I wish I could say I can't believe people are swallowing the "fear of being racist" line but I can't.

There's been plenty of cases like this all across the UK for decades. There was no "PC" excuse for any of those cases, the cops were just, to give them a huge benefit of the doubt, inept and idiotic. When there's Asians involved it's a racial/PC issue for some reason.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

It seems to me that the pedo ring had people (fellow pedos) in the right places to gently subdue any investigations. This was rape on an industrial scale.

As Lapin above said; It will be interesting to see where this ends

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

jesus christ

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 75 ✭✭truffle5

Utterly horrifying story. I wonder are similar pedohpile rings being operated by Muslim gangs in Ireland? I've noticed Pakistani-looking men chatting up underage white girls outside Dr Quirkeys on O' O'Connell st in Dublin. Very sleazy and unsettling.

truffle5 wrote: »
    Utterly horrifying story. I wonder are similar pedohpile rings being operated by Muslim gangs in Ireland? I've noticed Pakistani-looking men chatting up underage white girls outside Dr Quirkeys on O' O'Connell st in Dublin. Very sleazy and unsettling.

And we're off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,395 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

biko wrote: »
    Yeah unfortunately the fear of being called racist have caused the UK police to turn a blind eye to these pedo rings for a very long time.

And what about all the other non Asian child sex rings that it appears they also turned a blind eye to? The ones operating around care homes for years. What is their reasoning for that?

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    And what about all the other non Asian child sex rings that it appears they also turned a blind eye to? The ones operating around care homes for years. What is their reasoning for that?

Whataboutery. We're talking about the endemic abuse of white children at the hands of Pakistani pimps. Stick to the topic.

biko wrote: »

I think if the Jimmy Savile and BBC saga has taught us anything it's that it's more likely to be recitent ineptitude than racism.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

^^^^^^
    jesus christ

Exactly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭Tail Docker

How the fcuk did the father trying to recover his child, end up getting arrested?? That goes beyond inept, that's fcuking complicit.

Mod

OP, I want you to explain exactly what you mean by that PC brigade sentence. Please.

Whataboutery. We're talking about the endemic abuse of white children at the hands of Pakistani pimps. Stick to the topic.

Not whataboutery. It's been the case that child sex rings have operated without police action regardless of the ethnicity of the perpetrators.

I don't think you get to tell people what to talk about either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,070 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

In two of the cases we read, fathers tracked down their daughters and tried to remove them from houses where they were being abused, only to be arrested themselves when police were called to the scene.

I cannot wrap my head around that at all. How does it even happen once let alone multiple times?

Not whataboutery. It's been the case that child sex rings have operated without police action regardless of the ethnicity of the perpetrators.

I don't think you get to tell people what to talk about either.

Oh so we can chat about cornflakes in the thread I presume? No - the topic is the Pakistani pedophile rings that have abused a horrifying 1400 children in England with impunity for over a decade. You can be banned for going off-topic.

The more pertinent question is: why are you trying to obstruct discussion of this news piece?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

How the fcuk did the father trying to recover his child, end up getting arrested?? That goes beyond inept, that's fcuking complicit.

I'd really like to know what exactly happened there myself

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Disgusting. Also I'm not buying the 'afraid of being seen as racist' line for a second. Clearly a member of this sick ring was in a high enough position to be able to impede on the investigation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭Ranchu

The South Yorkshire Police aren't having a great couple of years. Cover up for Hillsborough exposed and now this. Saps.

I cannot wrap my head around that at all. How does it even happen once let alone multiple times?

The girls could have objected to being taken away and complained as such to the cops. Abused kids often identify with their abusers, as a form of Stockholm Syndrome, and possibly with the use of the kind of threats as detailed in the linked article. Terrorised people have difficulty in maintaining a rational perspective

Assuming the girls in question were over 18, of course.

• Advertisement

Oh so we can chat about cornflakes in the thread I presume? No - the topic is the Pakistani pedophile rings that have abused a horrifying 1400 children in England with impunity for over a decade. You can be banned for going off-topic.

The more pertinent question is: why are you trying to obstruct discussion of this news piece?

Give over.

The fact is that these abuses aren't limited to gangs of any particular background. Insisting the discussion is limited to one ethnic group is telling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,395 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Well a poster asserted it was fear of being labelled racist that prevented the police from taking action. I disagree with that, as other similar but not predominantly Asian, abuse rings have been uncovered where no police action was taken despite victims coming forward.

It makes me feel sick that child abuse is so rampant in society, does it really matter what ethnicity the perpetrators are? Nothing was done to help these and other kids and it's sickening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,070 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

The girls could have objected to being taken away and complained as such to the cops. Abused kids often identify with their abusers, as a form of Stockholm Syndrome, and possibly with the use of the kind of threats as detailed in the linked article. Terrorised people have difficulty in maintaining a rational perspective

But even so, surely police would investigate the matter if the men were genuinely claiming that the girls were their daughters... not just show up, make an arrest and then forget about it.

Mind boggling stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭Tail Docker

Child sex ring. Hence likely <18. So the parent finds where his child is being held, causes a scene and the police arrest him and leave the child with her abusers? i really don't care about the semantics, that's just utterly, despicably, stomach churningly wrong on a million levels. There's should be a raft of dismissals. Not fit for purpose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,711 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Mod

OP, I want you to explain exactly what you mean by that PC brigade sentence. Please.

Dont think he or she is coming back, to be honest.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement

But even so, surely police would investigate the matter if the men were genuinely claiming that the girls were their daughters... not just show up, make an arrest and then forget about it.

Mind boggling stuff.

It does make you wonder how complicit the police might have been. The certainly dismissed many complaints about Savile over the years.

Unbelievable. I didn't think anybody would be so low, so warped, so neurotic as to engage in whataboutery in such a serious case. Every single one of the 11 men arrested was Pakistani. This is a fact. You can't spin this to blame straight white males.

Immigration needs to be seriously curtailed from these countries. Pakistan is a relatively uncivilized third world country and they don't share the same respect for women or children that most of us do in the West.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

How is it racist to identify the race of someone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

statesaver wrote: »

In Britain you can only be racist if you are a white person*.

Edit -By the media

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

statesaver wrote: »
    It isn't, but it is racist to suggest that the reason the perpetrators carried out this crime was solely due to their ethnicity, and not just the fact that they are scumbags.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Unbelievable. I didn't think anybody would be so low, so warped, so neurotic as to engage in whataboutery in such a serious case. Every single one of the 11 men arrested was Pakistani. This is a fact. You can't spin this to blame straight white males.

Immigration needs to be seriously curtailed from these countries. Pakistan is a relatively uncivilized third world country and they don't share the same respect for women or children that most of us do in the West.

And I'm shocked that anyone could be so disguting, so warped as to take a case like this and twist it into a stick to beat the so-called "PC Brigade" with, AND further denigrate everyone from a different country as uncivilized, as if we didn't have our own Catholic child rapists being constantly covered up for and investigations impeded. No, clearly this is a problem with them uncivilized brown people, obviously :rolleyes:

I'm actually seriously ****ing angry reading this pile of drivel.

El Weirdo wrote: »
    It isn't, but it is racist to suggest that the reason the perpetrators carried out this crime was solely due to their ethnicity, and not just the fact that they are scumbags.

That's too simplistic. You're willfully ignoring patterns that can help us prevent this sort of abuse happening in the future. Is there something about Pakistani/Islamic culture that would encourage this sort of behavior? I understand child brides and forced marriages are common over in Pakistan. Mohammed himself married a 9 year old child. I personally don't want this sort of "culture" to be inflected upon my daughter.

Links234 wrote: »
    And I'm shocked that anyone could be so warped as to take a case like this and twist it into a stick to beat the so-called "PC Brigade" with, AND further denigrate everyone from a different country as uncivilized, as if we didn't have our own Catholic child rapists being constantly covered up for and investigations impeded. No, clearly this is a problem with them uncivilized brown people, obviously :rolleyes:

I'm actually seriously ****ing angry reading this pile of drivel.

You don't have the right to not get angry. How about getting outraged at Pakistani pedophile gangs grooming white children for sex rather than getting angry at an internet post?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

You don't have the right to not get angry. How about getting outraged at Pakistani pedophile gangs grooming white children for sex rather than getting angry at an internet post?
    Why not just get outraged at paedophile gangs grooming children? What difference does their ethnicity make?

truffle5 banned.

Still waiting on hootanany.

Tick tock :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement