Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MK Dons vs Man United - SS1 8:00PM

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Johner wrote: »
    Hernandez is awful, he is a good goalscorer but his general play is not up to scratch. Would be madness to get rid of Welbeck over Hernandez.
    If you put the two of them together you'd a have the complete forward. Hernandez should never bother leaving the shoulder of the last defender and coming deep, there's no point to it. At least Danny can play, dribble, hold up the ball and play tight passes, shame about his finishing though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Some of Keanes passing and pass choice is a disgrace for a professional footballer

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

The sooner VG gets them back into the dressing room to give out to them the better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

United look awful in possession. Too many long balls, to many slack passes.

Dons are well up for it, United are being cowed.

• Lovely ball by Januzaj

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Fescue

Reminds me very much of Hodgsons start with Liverpool. Lost one, drew one in the league. Knocked out of the League Cup by Northampton Town.

Football was probably better under Hodgson mind!!!

shocking stuff again from utd. Need to pick it up 2nd half

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Anderson May as well not be there. Evans gave away a goal I would be annoyed at one of the kids giving away. Hernandez, ignoring how deep he has to drop, has checked out and looks to be done with the club. Poor first half.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

MK playing well, credit where it's due.

I'm not sure what anyone else is seeing, but Powell has been shocking in my eyes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Bottom of the barrel. Anderson been mauling the battered burgers again, I'd have him out in a chip van on match day.

Welbeck's confidence looks shot.

Why are you stalking redcafe also? Mike it is pretty strange behaviour from a Liverpool/Wolves fan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Very few of the united players look confident in receiving the ball. Slow again.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Soldie

Have United had a shot on target? Making MK Dons look like Barcelona here.

Worrying how easily they can be bullied when a team puts it up to them tbh

At least the first ever sell out at whatever the venue is called ("Moo Camp" is its nickname) has been rewarded.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Captain Jonny Evans - sounds like a name that was destined to go down with his ship.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

kryogen wrote: »
    I'm not sure what anyone else is seeing, but Powell has been shocking in my eyes.

Started well, everyone has been shocking since going behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Redzer7 wrote: »
    MK playing well, credit where it's due.

MK Dons are playing well but you have to think United's poor performance is aiding that. United haven't bossed the game around and MK Dons seem more comfortable on the ball.

United started brightly but it seems once the goal went in the heads dropped. The big thing now is will United come out differently in the second half and can MK Dons hold on for the whole game. Interesting half to come.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

It's nice to know that there's plenty of depth in the squad. Reassuring that if any of our frighteningly-average-to-distinctly-poor first teamers are injured for a prolonged spell that we've got some frighteningly-average-to-distinctly-poor back ups to step up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

:o
    Sam Borden ‏@SamBorden 14m
    @GrantWahl: Usually avoid League Cup, but Manchester United is down 1-0 to MK Dons over on BeIN.” // literally losing to a made-up city.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Fescue

United must start improving soon, I'm not sure any manager can continue in this vain and not come under pressure. The most alarming thing is it doesn't seem to be getting any better.

• Advertisement

beno619 wrote: »
    Started well, everyone has been shocking since going behind.

Literally the first 5 minutes, been awful since then from what I saw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Jaysus. Atmosphere is worse than Anfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

MK Dons look hungrier.

3-5-2 just isn't working for Man United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Don't panic lads there is always the dream of a good run in the FA Cup to look forward to this season

quarryman wrote: »
    But not a patch on the Emirates roar, huh? :pac:

• Advertisement

Fescue wrote: »
    United must start improving soon, I'm not sure any manager can continue in this vain and not come under pressure. The most alarming thing is it doesn't seem to be getting any better.

Not much point reading into the big picture tonight given the team, but you are right. Nature of the beast if things don't pick up soon the press will start to put pressure on, money spent and a foreign manager

Don't panic lads there is always the dream of a good run in the FA Cup to look forward to this season

If we go well in it we will end up with more trophies then the neighbours I'd guess

It might sound heretical but short cups runs might not be a bad thing for Utd, only one thing actually matters this season and the more time Van Gaal gets coaching the first team for the league the better your chances of quick return to Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

I would rather see us play with what would be LVG's first choice 11 all fit than give up on the 3-4-1-2 system.

• Moderators Posts: 12,386 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

This is awful. Even Danny looks like he's given up after making all those runs in vain. Everyone's very static

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Utd might just have the league to concentrate on after tonight for the next five months.

No excuses then for not winning the league or getting at least top 4 after breaking the transfer record.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Lvg really believes that this is the only formation he can use to get the best out of these players. They must be hopeless altogether...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

kryogen wrote: »
    Agreed. He just looks sloppy when controlling the ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,133 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Wrong, they ended it themselves.

Nope, winkelman orchestrated everything!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kstand

This is the sort of level welbeck and Anderson are at. Hernandez time has come to an end too I'd say. I hope this is the last time I see welbeck in a United shirt.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Pereira on to change everymathings!

Janko off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Lvg really believes that this is the only formation he can use to get the best out of these players. They must be hopeless altogether...

or maybe he's using an essentially a meaningless mickey mouse match to get fringe players playing in this system in case he needs to use them in important League games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 593 ✭✭✭ician

dont listen to anderson, pereira

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,304 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

United teamtalk with the ref :)

kstand wrote: »
    This is the sort of level welbeck and Anderson are at. Hernandez time has come to an end too I'd say. I hope this is the last time I see welbeck in a United shirt.

I hope people who hold those kind of opinions develop a keen interest in rugby league and just watch that instead

The lack of desire on show is incredible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

quarryman wrote: »

Ah now the emirates is hardly rocking all the time .

• Utd might just have the league to concentrate on after tonight for the next five months.

No excuses then for not winning the league or getting at least top 4 after breaking the transfer record.
    Pressure is for tyres

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

kstand wrote: »
    Welbeck put Kagawa and Hernandez in great positions to score in the first 10 minutes. Both of them ballsed it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Powell suffering from Hollywooditis.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

The funny thing is Welbeck is a good striker been ruined at Utd by been played out of position, lads confidence must be at an all time low. I would welcome him at Arsenal.

Advertisement