Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New York hotels

Options
  • 26-08-2014 7:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi
    Does anyone have any tips or websites on getting good deals for nyc hotels preferably downtown times square central park area.
    Any advice is appreciated
    Many thanks
    Star

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jaymcg91

That's quite a big area you know :P. Could you be more specific (area, price, vibe etc)?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Star5 wrote: »
    Hi
    Does anyone have any tips or websites on getting good deals for nyc hotels preferably downtown times square central park area.
    Any advice is appreciated
    Many thanks
    Star

Central NYC is expensive. There are no hidden tips I'm afraid and any website like Kayak/Booking.com will give you the best prices. You could try phoning the hotel and say what Kayak are offering and see if they can beat it (which they usually can).

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Cassi 202

Hi Star, while in NY Oct last I stayed at The Wellington Hotel this hotel is 5mins from Central Park, Times Square etc. it's not 5 star but it's very reasonable in cost, I would recommend you check it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 mark1986

Try expedia, e-bookers, trivago or hotels combined... I booked last week through expedia and got 3 nights in 'the Manhattan at Times Square' for €380 for 2people, going over next tuesday. Its on 51st street so its between Time Square and Central Park. Nothing fancy about it but all we were looking for was a good location.

Advertisement