Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beers? (Motor?)Sailing? Any takers?

• 26-08-2014 7:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭

Seriously though, anyone fancy an on-the-water beers (and want to donate a boat to the cause?) :P

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Seriously though, anyone fancy an on-the-water beers (and want to donate a boat to the cause?) :P

avec lifejackets of course.:pac:

Our boat has a few boardsies, dunno if the skipper would volunteer the boat though.

I nominate Steve to find the boat :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭Sh1tbag OToole

I'm in, will bring my own lifejacket :)
    (if I have to)

When were you thinking of having this beers?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,337 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

I can't be seen to condone drinking and boating so if I can get away I will head out to keep an eye on things for your own safety.

Cheers

1009652_584987901541031_39752214_o.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭miss no stars

When suits people? If finding a boat that will accommodate us all is a problem the alternative could be to head somewhere like the estuary and rent dinghies for a couple of hours and then go for drinks? I'm suggesting a weekend before the end of October. Gets too chilly for me after that :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,993 ✭✭✭Tow

Memories of Celtic Mist and one JCH being rescued of the rocks of Cape Clear Island come to mind.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,337 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

Skerries sea tours might be an option http://www.skerriesseatours.ie/ but it can only take 7 people. The estuary sounds good I could bring the micro boat :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,506 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Tow wrote: »
    Memories of Celtic Mist and one JCH being rescued of the rocks of Cape Clear Island come to mind.

:D:D

I'm on, but the vagaries of shiftwork means I'll have to wait and see when/where is decided and I'll know then if I can make it.

You won't find me out in Dublin Bay on any class of a dinghy though :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,506 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

fergal.b wrote: »
    Skerries sea tours might be an option http://www.skerriesseatours.ie/ but it can only take 7 people. The estuary sounds good I could bring the micro boat :)

http://www.seasafari.ie/tours-2/corporate-custom-tours/

Or this crowd. I've always secretly wanted to to a blitz around Dublin Bay, and up into the port is fascinating!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Pigeon Reaper

Dublin Bay Cruises have a bar on board. Might be a little slower than you expect but it is faster than a dinghy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Palanmar3

Cool pic Fergalb
    Now that's what I'm talking about!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭miss no stars

So, genuinely any takers?

Start naming dates that suit people if you're interested.

Sundays work well for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭pedroeibar1

I'd be up for a drink or two were I to be in the greater Dublin area on the day/evening/night. No boat here but will bring limes for the G&Ts in recompense!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,919 ✭✭✭Vexorg

Most Days are good for me If we are not racing:) Sundays included.

Advertisement