Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guilty Pleasures

• 26-08-2014 8:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭

I searched and there hasn't been one of these in a while. Does anyone have any guilty pleasure musicians or bands?

Of course there's nothing to feel guilty about in liking any music, it's entirely a personal thing and if it gives you joy (or happiness or even sadness) then that's a great thing. But there must be some bands that you like that if you told your friends it would give them a little surprise? Something outside your chiselled indie rock aficionado mask?

For me it's Seal. I loved the track he did for the Batman movie. I hadn't really listen to him much then for years, but suddenly he's been popping up on my last.fm feed and I have to say he is really a great musician. An amazingly soulful and tender voice. He's sold bucketloads and has won some serious awards. But I still feel it belies my rock credentials (not that I care one jot.)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

I'm a huge Survivor fan, and I'm hoping to get to the UK in October to finally see them live!

There, I've said it out loud (although I don't care much for Eye Of The Tiger any more)....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

Every time that Boom Clap song comes on the radio, I find myself turning it up..

Feel dirty after.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 seanbarrow

Skidrow (the American lads) are a guilty pleasure of mine.

As is "I believe in a thing called love" by the Darkness, it's a cracking song and I hate to admit it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I've actually been wracking my head trying to think of something that would be a guilty pleasure, but I can't! Most of what I listen to is probably other people's guilty pleasures :pac:

Advertisement