Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin City Centre Parking

Options
  • 26-08-2014 8:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks! So im visiting Dublin next weekend for the american football and I'm driving up from Galway. Is there any city centre locations that have reasonable parking prices that I could use between Friday and Sunday. Im struggling to find anywhere online.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭goiko

We always go to Drury Street Car Park, prices are on their website drurystreetcarpark.com. I think they also do discounts if you have a student card but I'm not too sure about this.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,322 ✭✭✭✭phog

cooperguy wrote: »
    Hi Folks! So im visiting Dublin next weekend for the american football and I'm driving up from Galway. Is there any city centre locations that have reasonable parking prices that I could use between Friday and Sunday. Im struggling to find anywhere online.

Connolly station has pay & display and I think it can be booked in advance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Do you mean to leave it between Friday and Sunday or to park it at various times across those days?

What about parking it in Smithfield or Rathmines and then getting a bus or the Luas in as appropriate? Parking could be free for the weekend, have a look at streetview.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

athtrasna wrote: »
    Do you mean to leave it between Friday and Sunday or to park it at various times across those days?
    Park Friday, pick up again on Sunday
    Dónal wrote: »
    What about parking it in Smithfield or Rathmines and then getting a bus or the Luas in as appropriate? Parking could be free for the weekend, have a look at streetview.
    Ill have a look at the prices there, that might be an idea!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

cooperguy wrote: »
    Park Friday, pick up again on Sunday

Train stations are probably the cheapest. On your route Heuston is probably the handiest (and more likely to have space than Connolly). €9 per day or €8 if you use park by text. Hotels tend to charge €15+ per day and car parks €20+

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

athtrasna wrote: »
    Train stations are probably the cheapest. On your route Heuston is probably the handiest (and more likely to have space than Connolly). €9 per day or €8 if you use park by text. Hotels tend to charge €15+ per day and car parks €20+
    Ya its the 20+ per day that I was seeing. I found Q-Park on the quays across from the Four Courts seems to do it for €3 per day on Saturday and Sunday. Unfortunately on Friday its a few euro per hour but it still works out pretty cheap overall compared to most.

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Bucklesman

€4 all day park and ride at the Red Cow Luas is an option too, and might save you some hassle with match traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 BabyDuck

Park somewhere off ranelagh rd (left over canal bridge as you are heading towards Ranelagh.... its free from 6.30 fri evening to monday morning.....15 walk to dame st or 5 mins to st stephans green by luas. Its completely safe, i used to park there all the time when I lived on the ranelagh rd!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

If you're going to be parking up on the Friday, you could be very cheeky and park on Richmond Street North - outside the entrance to the O'Connells school beside Croke Park. It's a quiet, but usually safe street for parking most days, it's free, and it would offer a very quick getaway after the game.

http://goo.gl/maps/puDCm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

Clerys six euro a day....

Advertisement