Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New captain?

Options
  • 26-08-2014 9:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭

The time has come for Poch to elect a new club captain. Who's your choice, there are a few to choose from, Lloris, Verts, Kaboul, Ade.

For me I'd like Hugo, he's done it before for us and it's already captain of France

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

The time has come for Poch to elect a new club captain. Who's your choice, there are a few to choose from, Lloris, Verts, Kaboul, Ade.

For me I'd like Hugo, he's done it before for us and it's already captain of France

Kaboul was skipper ahead of Lloris and Jan on Sunday wasn't he??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Ade for captain..?? What????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

Would be a way to keep him interested

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

no way

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭slegs

Lloris or Jan.

Kaboul wont be playing half the time so doesn't make sense to have him captain

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Hugo all day

Vertonghen showed his leadership skills last season. When the chips were down he lost form and moaned and talked about leaving.

Kaboul probably won't be a regular this season.

Adebayor is everything you don't want in a captain.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

Dier.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Charliebull

ROSE:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Should be Hugo and not Kaboul.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

Personally I'd vote Vertonghen, but Lloris is a great shout too.

• Advertisement

No one is a guaranteed starter at the moment except for maybe Lloris, Vertz and Lamela to a lesser extent.

Out of those it has to be Lloris. But I wouldn't mind seeing Capoue get a chance but it's probably a few weeks too be making a call on him already.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Charliebull

Lloris all the way

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

KingdomYid wrote: »
    Should be Hugo and not Kaboul.

Agree

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Agree

Hugo, said when he signed a new deal that he'd be made new captain so gonna stick with that

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

hugo

According to a few on FB it's been announced as Kaboul.

With Lloris and wait for it ...... Ade, as VC's.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Younes Kaboul named new Tottenham Hotspur captain

Filed: Monday, September 15, 2014 at 20:28 UK
    Last Updated: Monday, September 15, 2014 at 20:28 UK
    Tottenham Hotspur have announced that Younes Kaboul has been appointed as the club's new captain.

The role had been vacant following Michael Dawson's move to Hull City this summer, but the French defender has been named as his replacement, with Emmanuel Adebayor and Hugo Lloris confirmed as vice-captains.

Kaboul told the club's website: "I am delighted to have been given this responsibility. To follow in the footsteps of some of the legendary captains that have represented this football club is a fantastic honour.

"It is a great achievement for me on a personal level and I hope to help lead this team to great things in the future."

Manager Mauricio Pochettino added: Younes has shown me all the values needed to be a captain. He has the character to lead this team as well as the respect of his teammates. Hugo and Ade will be vice-captains and both of them, along with Younes, possess tremendous experience and have all shown a great attitude and leadership."

Kaboul has worn the armband in the five matches that he has started since Dawson's departure.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Hmm, considering how poor he's been. i'm not too happy with that. He needs to seriously up his game before i'll see him as Captain.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Kiith wrote: »
    Hmm, considering how poor he's been. i'm not too happy with that. He needs to seriously up his game before i'll see him as Captain.

Feel the same. I wonder does this mean he is nailed on to play. We hardly signed Fazio to warm the bench for the year.

I'd be delighted if he got his old form back, he'd be a great captain to have then.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Maybe he has good leadership qualities? Who knows....
    Personally his performances have been dreadful, when was the last time he had a faultless game? I wouldn't let him defend a sand castle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

At least it's not Vertonghen. Hopefully the captaincy will bring Kaboul on as a player.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Realistically we don't know which players are good in the dressing room. Kaboul does appear to be a talker and attempts to be a leader.

Hugo would have been my first choice. Though it's no surprise that it's Kaboul with him being captain in every match so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Wasn't Lennon a vice captain also? He's well down the pecking order now, could be shot of him in January. Kaboul has a year left on his contract, and is far too injury prone to command the captaincy, I can see Lloris or Ade more often than not with the armband.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

I was a bit surprised with Kaboul but I'm sure Poch has his reasons. I think picking Ade as vice captain may be a masterstroke, he may feel loved and give his best, who knows, Ade 20+ goals this season and captain next season.

A year ago Ade said he would be number one striker at Spurs by season end, I thought he was fukn crazy and should be locked up with rubber walls.

Its a funny old game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Lloris obviously doesn't command enough of a presence in the dressing room to warrant it judging from this. He might be fine in the French dressing room but multi lingual dressing room in England may be different we don't know.

Kaboul was a fantastic centre half when he could stay fit. One of the best and most commanding centre halves in the league on his day. He's been atrocious for a while now though, maybe this might bring out the old Kaboul (the one we signed a second time).

Anyone remember that 3-2 away win v Arsenal? He scored the winner and was far and away MOTD. Watching him in that game reminded me of Ledley King.

Would love if he could play like that all of this season. Our defence might actually shape up a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

Some managers don;t like having a keeper as the captain. Maybe Poch is one of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

irishmover wrote: »
    Anyone remember that 3-2 away win v Arsenal? He scored the winner and was far and away MOTD. Watching him in that game reminded me of Ledley King.

:D:D

Advertisement