Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terrible terrible speeds every night and day.

Options
  • 26-08-2014 10:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭

These are common speeds that I get with the exceptional high one every now and then. I'm about 1.5k from a main eircom exchange/hub.
    http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/i/943501852

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Damokc wrote: »
    These are common speeds that I get with the exceptional high one every now and then. I'm about 1.5k from a main eircom exchange/hub.
    http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/i/943501852
    Hi Damokc

Can you please PM me your landline number and I will look in to this for you?

THanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Damokc

So I've sent my number to you. Are you actually going to do anything for me?

So I've sent my number to you. Are you actually going to do anything for me?

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Hi Damokc

Apologies for the delays,

I've run tests and I have looked in to this in detail however all tests I have conducted show no issues with the line externally or internally, your modems firmware is fully up to date and your internal set up also seems fine.

In my tests i have noticed that your current broadband subscription is up to 3MB non NGB (non next gen broadband) - this is because your exchange/area is not  NGB upgraded and unfortunately congestion at peak times (between 5pm and 2am) will be expected. This basically means that the service will not be as strong as it is during off peak times.[/font]

[font=Times New Roman","serif] [/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]Furthermore, the best advice I can offer you is to contact broadband technical support when you notice the speeds drop to the level of what you have posted above as they will be able to run more tests to identify the issue in real time.[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif] [/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]Thanks[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]Al[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Damokc

Awh good stuff. So when I get home from work till I go to bed, the internet is more or less unusable.

Could you tell me if there is any plan to update the exchange anytime soon? Tralee has eFibre now. We'll ye sell it in there wither you can acutally get it is another story.

Awh good stuff. So when I get home from work till I go to bed, the internet is more or less unusable.

Could you tell me if there is any plan to update the exchange anytime soon? Tralee has eFibre now. We'll ye sell it in there wither you can acutally get it is another story.
    Hi Damokc

I'm sorry to confirm that there are no plans in place to upgrade the exchange your line is connected to (Ballyheigue exchange).

Al

• Advertisement
Advertisement