Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Iphone 6 via Parcel motel

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 219 ✭✭nailforhammer

jarvis wrote: »
    I know it's not parcel motel related but I was looking at 6+ 128gb. €1000. Or €760 in canada where my niece lives.
    She is coming home at the end of October so could take it home but don't know if I can wait.
    If I get her to post it would I be hit for much duty or would it be less if she posted it from Canada to Belfast PM???

It's actually €855 after tax. In America and Canada they don't tell you the VAT until you check out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

It's actually €855 after tax. In America and Canada they don't tell you the VAT until you check out

Ooh. Good tip. I'm gonna transfer her the money and I'd have sent the wrong amount if you hadn't posted!!!!

For the sake of €140 and a near 5 week wait. I may go down the Belfast pm route.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Kagawa

Any ideas on how long shipping times will be when you can order from apple.ie on the 26th? I heard that if you are among the first to order then the shopping time could be as little as 7 days,

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭cramp

I just contacted parcel motel regarding uk shipment of iPhones ..
    They no problem accepting orders from apple uk on release day..

Just remember to extend your liability , there is a standard 100 euro liability which can be extended to 1000euro for 10euro this is for 14 days only
    So only extend when u get a ship notice!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

cramp wrote: »
    I just contacted parcel motel regarding uk shipment of iPhones ..
    They no problem accepting orders from apple uk on release day..

Just remember to extend your liability , there is a standard 100 euro liability which can be extended to 1000euro for 10euro this is for 14 days only
    So only extend when u get a ship notice!

How do you extend the Liability

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭Jofspring

How do you extend the Liability

Sign into your account and you'll see the option there to extend Liability. You'll get three different options then depending on how much you want it covered for.

Does anyone know what time we'll be able to order at? Like will it be 12 am on Friday or more like 8/9 am?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Does anyone know what time we'll be able to order at? Like will it be 12 am on Friday or more like 8/9 am?

I was thinking it might be midnight Thursday night into Friday?

kceire wrote: »
    I was thinking it might be midnight Thursday night into Friday?

Isn't it 8.01 Friday morning???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

Personally would not use PM for this , don't think the insurance cover is high enough and have noticed a lot of my deliveries have been opened for whatever reason and re-sealed. I did query it twice but received no response. Leave alone and get through bricks and mortar shop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭ukoda

Fiskar wrote: »
    Personally would not use PM for this , don't think the insurance cover is high enough and have noticed a lot of my deliveries have been opened for whatever reason and re-sealed. I did query it twice but received no response. Leave alone and get through bricks and mortar shop.

never experienced anything like this and i use PM all the time, also their cover is 1000 euro - thats enough to cover even the most expensive iPhone

ukoda wrote: »
    never experienced anything like this and i use PM all the time, also their cover is 1000 euro - thats enough to cover even the most expensive iPhone

It's worth noting it costs €10 for this extended cover. Still worth it though.

It's worth noting it costs €10 for this extended cover. Still worth it though.

yes sorry, you've to 'upgrade' to the 1000 euro cover

Its definitely worth it, I'm getting the 6 with 16gb

£539 on apple.co.uk so thats €675 (roughly)

Add the PM fee and extra insurance of €13.95, so thats a total cost of €689 (roughly) - versus €699 if i was to wait for Irish apple store

so slightly cheaper and way faster!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Its definitely worth it, I'm getting the 6 with 16gb

£539 on apple.co.uk so thats €675 (roughly)

Add the PM fee and extra insurance of €13.95, so thats a total cost of €689 (roughly) - versus €699 if i was to wait for Irish apple store

so slightly cheaper and way faster!

Surely there will be charges for the bank as well which will raise the price a little bit more?

guil wrote: »
    Surely there will be charges for the bank as well which will raise the price a little bit more?

If you pay by visa, expect a 25% add on conversion to euro from my experience.
    I would expect the the 16gb 6 to cost €673 all in after conversion from the Visa card.

Then PM of €3.95 plus the €10 for extra liability insurance with them.

I would expect the the 16gb 6 to cost €673 all in after conversion from the Visa card.

What about credit card?

What about credit card?

Visa = credit card

Visa = credit card

Oh my Debit Card is Visa and my credit card is Mastercard. So what I really meant was what about Mastercard

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

Is 16gb enough anymore? I've 16gb iphone 5 and thinking of going for the 64gb. Photos take up a lot of space

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Is 16gb enough anymore? I've 16gb iphone 5 and thinking of going for the 64gb. Photos take up a lot of space

For me I find the bigger the memory the better. It's great to have the freedom to take loads of pics, videos and download music, apps, movies without having to worry about clogging up your memory. I wouldn't go below 64gb now.

• Advertisement

guil wrote: »

Probably will be some alright, but I guess I'm saying I'm not going to be paying a premium to get it faster via UK apple store

I'm getting the 6 with 16gb

There is no 16GB iPhone 6

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

There is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭WayneEnterprise

Yes there is:

http://store.apple.com/ie/buy-iphone/iphone6

oops...got mixed up with the removal of 32GB...:eek:

I have never bought 16gb. Never would. It's too small for me. But some people find it ok. If you use spotify or stream services more than podcasts or music folder.

Depends on the person, but I be getting 64gb.

Oh my Debit Card is Visa and my credit card is Mastercard. So what I really meant was what about Mastercard

Think your getting mixed up between Visa Credit and Visa Debit.
    MasterCard is another form of credit card so same rules apply.

Think your getting mixed up between Visa Credit and Visa Debit.
    MasterCard is another form of credit card so same rules apply.

There's also MasterCard debit too (KBC bank use them)

There's also MasterCard debit too (KBC bank use them)

Right so. The poster just needs to decide if they are paying with credit or debit then.

• Advertisement

You can use debit or credit card, not laser all charges will be covered by your card
    I.e currency exchange etc, just pay PM there charge of 13.95

I have never lost anything or had anything opened from PM and I use them quite regular .....never for something this expensive though

Iam going for 6L 64gb........last year I had my fone delivered to a address in the north.......they live some remote area of the north and it took 3 days of re-delivering to find the address , plus another 2 days for them to drop it back up south to me!!

So just to confirm it is pre orders tomorrow at 8.01 am ye???

Advertisement